Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by lnfd27

Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: lnfd27
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: OS

Don't waste your money

We arrived at the NYC port at 11 am. The porter took our bags and we were able to board in a half hour. We had a nice lunch in the dining room and walked around the ship to see it's features. We set sail at 4 pm. Views of the NYC harbor and the Statue of Liberty were great.

We booked a mini suite. the only difference between the mini suite and regular balcony rooms was the larger bathroom. Closet space was limited. The balcony was very small, the width of a chair. mini suites on Royal Caribbean were 50 percent bigger and the balcony was 4 times the size. we also had a walk in closet.

Entertainment on this ship was great. We enjoyed Howl at the Moon, Fire and Ice and all of the shows. Make sure you book seats ahead as the shows fill up fast. It took 2 days on board to see the cruise director Julie. Some venues are not big enough. If you want a seat you have to get there 30 minutes ahead of time. this is also true of the dining rooms.

Our steward Jorge did a very good job.

At sea days were very crowded. People put towels on lounge chairs early in the morning and disappeared for hours. One day we could not get a chair on deck. NCL needs to get more chairs, or do something about reserving seats on deck.

The biggest issue for me was the food. choices on the buffet were very limited, nothing like other ships we have been on. I have health issues with food and the only think I could find to eat was jello and chips. Some of the crew members could not be bothered to get me what I could eat. One member actually told me I shouldn't be eating in the buffet. Tables in the buffet should be cleaned better.

The lunch menu in the Dining room had 5 choices and was the same all week. the menu wasn't much better in the evening. There was the standard chicken, salmon and steak available every night. Each night there were 3 additional entree items. I had chicken 3 times, and steak 3 times, which was pretty boring. Since I have to preorder my meals I asked for a hamburger on the last night. It was served cold in the center and not fully cooked. Need I say more about the food.

Two afternoons we returned to our room to find that the air conditioning was not working. Engineering was a bit snotty when we called down. Was our balcony door left opened, the thermostat set right?

Disembarkation was easy. We walked off with our luggage at 7am and went right through customs.

Bermuda was very nice, easy to get around with public transportation. It was nice to be in a port for more than one day.

Would not do a NCL cruise again. I will go back to Royal Caribbean.

Publication Date: 06/17/13