Carnival Legend Cruise Review by slyfox0113

Carnival Legend
Carnival Legend
Member Name: slyfox0113
Cruise Date: October 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Eastern Caribbean
My second cruise with Carnival, my spouse and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary. EMBARKATION: For NY not bad, on the ship in less than 1 hour. Having lunch and drinks by 2 pm. THE SHIP: Clean, beautiful, but the urns are a little over the top. Very easy to find your way around, which is what we did after lunch. Had everything down pat in less than 1 hour. Cabin decent size. We had an extended balcony cabin. Definitely worth the little extra. Took many a long nap in the afternoon. It would be nice to have a few more stations on the TV other than funship stations but you don't really spend much time in the cabin anyway. STAFF: Found everyone to be helpful and pleasant. Newbon, our steward, was great. Gave us whatever we needed and always made sure he called down the halls to say hello or have a nice day as we left our cabin. Dining staff, bartenders, casino staff, etc. all helpful and pleasant. Lisa the shopping expert did a great job on describing all the ports and what they have to offer. She had some great tips about jewelry in St Thomas. Brent the cruise director was awesome. FELLOW PASSENGERS: I wonder why some people bother to take a vacation at all. Some spend the whole time complaining about everything. You need to keep in your mind you are on vacation and not let the rude, inconsiderate passengers bother you at all because no matter what you say to them, it is their nature and they are incapable of change. ENTERTAINMENT, CASINO, BARS: Had fun in all. Late night comedy show was great. Fellow passenger show, don't miss, it is very entertaining.

PORTS:Poured rain in San Juan, so not a great day. ST.Thomas-beautiful, Magens Bay was great. You really do not need any tours, there are taxi's by the plentiful right outside your ship and they will take you anywhere you want to go and give you free advice as far as where to shop and which beach to go to for snorkeling or just relaxing. Tortola I could have lived without and really would have rather spent another day in St. Thomas. The beach was beautiful, water was a little rough. We had a decent lunch on a tour but the restroom facilities were filthy. As you drive around the island all you will see are chickens running all over, goats in the hills, cows on the side of the road, people do not live well. I found it to be more depressing than pleasant. DISEMBARKATION:The ship docked at 8:30 am we got off at 11:30 am, I don't know why it took so long to get us off but sitting around for 3 hours was a little annoying. Overall the Legend is a beautiful ship, Carnival does a great job and I would sail with them again. In fact I plan on looking into my next cruise soon.

Publication Date: 10/19/06