Pride of America Cruise Review by bos2733

Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: BD
Public Rooms 5+

Hawaii Pride of America Style

We sailed on The Pride Of America to Hawaii, June 8-15, 2013. All in all it was a great experience, but I found one thing which bothered me; the majority of the crew and staff didn't seem happy. I am not one to like the overly personable/fake employees, but this was a concern for me b/c many of the staff and crew members didn't seem happy. One waitress in either Liberty or Skyline dinning room was just dumpy almost. I am not exaggerating when I say most, but most which we encountered just seemed unhappy. Our room attendant, 2 restaurant wait staff, one bartender and a couple of gift shop attendees were very nice. Everyone else was just there doing their job. I would like to know if anyone else experienced that on this ship.

we had a balcony room which was great for sunrise, sunset, lava flow and the Na'Poli coast. everything around the ship was clean, some tables were in need of being cleaned up but once they were they were good.

the excursions we took, Volcano Crater and taste of Hawaii, scuba diving and seahorse farm, were all great. The other days we explored on our own and rented cars.
food was not bad just the same thing every day every meal... a change every now and then would be good.

there was a virus going around, but the crew had it under control as far as we could tell. We had to sanitize our hands upon entering and leaving a restaurant or show. we were served all food, even at buffet so as not to touch the utensils. That lasted for about 3-4 days but I was so glad to see that it was all so sanitized. even though there was a virus going around I felt safer with the extra precautions.

Publication Date: 06/17/13