Pride of America Cruise Review by bos2733: Hawaii Pride of America Style

Hawaii Pride of America Style

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

We sailed on The Pride Of America to Hawaii, June 8-15, 2013. All in all it was a great experience, but I found one thing which bothered me; the majority of the crew and staff didn't seem happy. I am not one to like the overly personable/fake employees, but this was a concern for me b/c many of the staff and crew members didn't seem happy. One waitress in either Liberty or Skyline dinning room was just dumpy almost. I am not exaggerating when I say most, but most which we encountered just seemed unhappy. Our room attendant, 2 restaurant wait staff, one bartender and a couple of gift shop attendees were very nice. Everyone else was just there doing their job. I would like to know if anyone else experienced that on this ship.

we had a balcony room which was great for sunrise, sunset, lava flow and the Na'Poli coast. everything around the ship was clean, some tables were in need of being cleaned up but once they were they were good.

the excursions we took, Volcano More Crater and taste of Hawaii, scuba diving and seahorse farm, were all great. The other days we explored on our own and rented cars.
food was not bad just the same thing every day every meal... a change every now and then would be good.

there was a virus going around, but the crew had it under control as far as we could tell. We had to sanitize our hands upon entering and leaving a restaurant or show. we were served all food, even at buffet so as not to touch the utensils. That lasted for about 3-4 days but I was so glad to see that it was all so sanitized. even though there was a virus going around I felt safer with the extra precautions. Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Pride of America Review >>

Cabin review: Pride of America Oceanview Stateroom With Balcony Deck Nine

the cabins were very clean. the mattresses need to be firmer. our attendant, Rodel, was very nice.

Hawaii Volcanoes National Park

(5)

good tour of volcano in Volcano Nat'l Park. Seeing and sampling at the coffee factory was a nice added feature. The lunch they provided us at the Art Gallery was very good.

Again we rented a car and toured around ourselves. We snorkeled at Poi'pu beach and saw beautiful fish. We drove to Waimea and found black sand beaches.

Read 237 Kauai Reviews

Scuba Diving

(5)

we were instructed on the basics of scuba diving and then we got to dive down about 40 feet. very interesting.

Seahorse Farm

(5)

interesting tour of the seahorse farm. Very informative and interactive, We got to have a seahorse wrap it's tail around our fingers, we touched other sea animals and even ate seaweed.

We rented a car and toured the area ourselves. We went to Lahaina for great shopping and eating. The next day we drove to Haleakala Volcano, neat drive.

Read 264 Maui Reviews