“Oceana 4 night mini cruise”
Cruise review of P&O Oceana

crazy caterer Oceana 5 Oceana 4 night mini cruise
crazy caterer
Member Since 2013
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

In May I reviewed a 14 night cruise on P&O Ventura and it was so awful I said I would probably never sail with P&O again but I had already booked this 4 night cruise to Guernsey and Zebrugge as it was such a good deal at Â(EURO)299 for a balcony. I was a bit concerned that some reviews referred to these short cruises as booze cruises with hen and stag parties but apart fro 2 small groups we saw on day 1 these were never a problem and I can only say what a difference a ship makes!

We arrived at the port by taxi, having booked a an overnight stay and park at a local hotel, at 11.45am and were on board enjoying lunch at 12.20pm. The Plaza buffet area was pleasant, well laid out with a good choice of food and no problems in finding a table throughout the cruise.Far more important from my point was their enforcement of the use of hand gel at every point of entry into a dining area and when entering the ship. This was so different from the chaos of Ventura.

Our cabin was a balcony on deck 10 (B deck) which was rather smaller than other cruises I have been on but clean and acceptable.

We choose freedom dining in the Ligurian restaurant for dinner and never had to wait to get a table for 2. The food, whilst not what it used to be in 2006 when I last sailed on P&O previous the disastrous Ventura cruise in May, was so much better than Ventura. Drinks service in the bars was efficient and every member of staff was helpful and smiling. The entertainment was good with the comedian/ventriloquist one of the best I have ever seen.

I can only conclude that Oceana must be a very happy ship which is much better run than Ventura and without seeming to snobby attracts a better type of client than Ventura. On this experience I will consider P&O again but only on selected ships

Oceana Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower

ABB614
Cabin overall quite small quite small but acceptable with small balcony and bathroom. Would have like more room in bathroom difficult to dry yourself after shower without banging elbows
Published 06/16/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Oceana Review
Oceana Cruises to the British Isles & Western Europe
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?