Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Onelifeonly

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Onelifeonly
Majesty of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
Member Name: Onelifeonly
Cruise Date: June 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: F1
        7-9 5+

Had a good time. Might cruise again. Lack of knowledge some employees

I pick this ship because the itinerary was very convenient. My son and I got there around 130 pm. We check in online so we went through customs fast. evertything was great until we reached the RCI counter. The person at the counter wanted to see a written permit from the father of my child authorizing him to take the cruise. She ignored the fact that the actual passport constitutes the permit, and that before getting to her counter I went through customs and they were ok with it. . I have traveled over 10 times outside US with my son and it was the first time that I was asked for a permit. I told her to stop wasting my time and to find her boss. 10 minutes later she came back by herself and said that I could board.
Right before boarding the ship ladder was disconected from the ship for some reason and we could not board for almost 40 minutes. We went early so we could eat, and we ended boarding at 250 pm and had to eat in a rush before they closed the restaurant at 320. usually closes at 3.00 but due to the problem it was extended for 20 minutes.

Cabin location on deck 5 was great . The attendant was very good. The room was old and had several details to be fixed including carpet stains.

Adventure Ocean for my 7 year old son was the best thing on the cruise. He wanted to go there all the time. He had so much fun and the personnel at Adventure Ocean was incredible. They were open pretty much all day and the kids could stay until 2 am. There is a fee of $6 per hour after 10 pm. While he was in AO I enjoyed the different cruise areas.

Coco Cay- not worth. You're better off staying on the ship and enjoy the pool since everyone is on the island. No tables to seat and its very crowded during lunch. Stay aboard.
Bahamas

Bahamas- there is a very nice beach walking distance

Entertainment was good. If you like karaoke you'll have fun

Food:
My son loved the ice cream machine by the pool
We had late dinning at the moonlight. Try to change it . At night the food took over an hour. The steak I asked for the first night was raw, when I asked for well done. Even the waiter was embarrassed when he noticed and he apologized. His name was Daniel he was very good, but I could not get another one because the kitchen Ida's closed. For my surprise the buffet was very good, not so much the desserts.

To get beach towels you need to go all the way to deck 11. It was an inconvenient because all the elevators were full and slow,so I did a lot of work out through the stairs.

You cannot go into the buffet area with only your swimsuit, but it was the only place to get coffee. I was denied the entrance, so I ask the the attendant at the pool to bring me coffee and he said no. So it meant that I had to go all the way to deck 5 to get clothes and come back only to get coffee. This was disappointing. I cruised on Carnival before and they always had coffee available at the pool bar. Not everyone drinks alcohol.

Overall, we might go back. My son had a blast and that's what matters to me.

Publication Date: 06/16/13