Star Princess Cruise Review by jgreenwo17: Such a deal

Such a deal

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

I clicked on a Princess email and am glad I did! I did the math and figured it was cheaper to live onboard the Star for a week than stay home. (That is my story and I'm sticking to it).

DW had to sit this one out due to work and school obligations so this was a boys trip.

Got to SeaTac the morning of embarkation. Took Seattle's light rail and it works like a charm. Less than $3.00 to get to downtown. I hailed a cab to take me to Trader Joes for Vino and goodies and it was a short ride to the Pier. Embarkation at pier 91 is pretty easy. I was onboard before noon, dropped off luggage in my humble inside stateroom and found lunch on the Lido deck.

Having cruised Princess two other times, I felt very much at home on the Star. Everything is pretty much in the same places as other Princess ships. I was on the Ruby last November and even though the Star is about 6 years older, you would never know it. Very clean and in order.

I tried the Crown More grill on the first night and it was good to excellent. The rest of cruise, I never saw the MDR! Since this was a boys trip, we never made it to the dining room. But do you know what? I did not miss it at all. The Horizon court always had very tasty selections. It never got old. Since I have returned home, I daydream about it. Prego pizza is always good as is the burger bar.

Third time on Princess in the last year and a half so I did not want to see the same production shows again. The comedy acts were good.

Alaska has the best shore excursions of anyplace I have been. If you get a chance to go back, do. I've done whale watching, dog sledding, biking, trains to the Yukon, fishing. They are all a blast. I spent this cruise fishing and being late May, it was slow fishing. Caught a small flounder that had to go back. Oh well, maybe next time.

Glacier bay was on this itinerary and words can't describe what an awesome place it is. You need to see it!

The great thing about cruising is you can make it be what you want it to be and Princess does a good job providing you with the choices to make it happen. Thanks Princess!

Read more Star Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Star Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Star Princess Interior Double Baja Deck A217

Princess Insides are on the small side but have lots of storage. No complaints with this stateroom and steward. Got an outstanding rate on it!

Fishing

(3)

There were 4 fisherman and one boated King in 4 hours. I was not the lucky guy.

Fishing

(3)

Went for halibut and rockfish. Caught a little flounder. Had lunch at wilderness camp. Very good.
(Kind of spendy though)

Read 14 Fishing Reviews

Go to the Buchart Gardens.

Read 554 Victoria Reviews