MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by Nix: MSC Fantasia - BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

Nix
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on MSC Fantasia Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

MSC Fantasia - BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

My sister and I stumbled across this cruise by accident! We paid a great price for our balcony cabin and also upgraded to the Allegrissimo package which includes most of your drinks. After reading loads of reviews I got worried! WHY????? I don't have any idea....this was the best holiday I have ever had in my life and I travel often!

The cabin were great ( for the difference in money I would def recommend staying on a balcony cabin ), the embarkation & check inn was a smooth and easy process, they allowed us to check in earlier so we did not stand in a queue for longer than 15 minutes. Staff was absolutely brilliant! although most of them speak Italian we did not once have issues with them not understanding us. Service was fast and efficient and there was nothing that we could complaint about! The food was variable and loads of different options, drinks was great with lots to choose from. entertainment was GOOD but sometimes a but boring. But hey we are Afrikaans and from More South Africa, this is a complete different culture to us! But there is something for everyone at any time of the day or night...

We got of at all the ports, walked around and did our own thing. Excursions is nice and some of our friends booked them but we like travelling on our own!
Its expensive on board, don't even hesitate about paying the extra EUR69 for the all inclusive package, its WELL WORTH the money. We added all our bills and by day 3 we were maxed already...

We met the most amazing friends on board and I will remember this for a very long time! Will most definitely do this again soon.... very SOON! Less

Read more MSC Fantasia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Fantasia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Fantasia Superior Balcony Incanto Deck 10096

10096Balcony view cabingreat location, close to the elevators and based in the middle. No noise, room service & housekeeping was great and the views was perfect!

(4)

Bari is a small ( old ) city! beautiful and charming! We met with Bari bike and day tours at the port, we hopped onto a bike for 2 hours. What a great way of seeing the town. Our guide was great, showed us all the best places around and even spoiled us with a gelato. After a hour he left us and the bikes to do our own thing! we just drove around town and had a Corona on the square before we returned to the ship. This all for EUR20 p/p... Well worth it!

Read 103 Bari Reviews

Did not get off here! But my sister did and she just walked around town for about 2 hours. Took the MSC bus to town..

Read 270 Corfu Reviews

MOST amazing view of the whole trip!
Took a taxi to the old town for EUR 10 for the 2 of us. Walked around town ( beautiful ) and had gelato whilst watching the tourists.
We then took the cable car up to the top of the mountain for 94Kuna... be prepared for the most amazing sight you will ever see! Have coffee at the restaurant on the top and just take in the sights!
We returned to the ship soon afterwards!

Small Greek island! not much to do but a must see. we walked the street and did some shopping. Decided not to do the trip to Olimpia ( not my kind of thing ) so we had a great lunch on the waterfront whilst enjoying the immaculate view with some local Greek beers and Greek salads!

There is no way to describe this place!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its absolutely stunning!

We did our own thing again... Walked the 800 steps to the top! Must say it was not my best idea but the queue for the cable car was endless and I did not have the heart to get onto one of those poor poor donkeys! Def take the cable car....

We hired a ATV four wheeler scooter and drove around all day long! what a great idea.. we saw everything! Visited Amoudi Bay and Qia which is about 20 minutes away! We had lunch in Satorini where we had the most amazing view of the ship and the smaller islands! We also shopped around in Fira, great shops and walkways close to the cable car...

We took the cable car down ( 30 min waiting queue ) and returned to the ship with no problem..

(5.5)

Venice is just amazing! Took my breath away!
Try booking accommodation close to Piazzala Roma where the bus drops you from the airport. The people Mover ( EUR 1 p/p ) to the port terminal is also from here. We stayed at the Best Western Olimpia which is 5 min walk. Best decision ever!
We just got lost in Venice ( literally ) and walked around for HOURS! best way of seeing the ancient city

Read 510 Venice Reviews