Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by rfgcc: NCL's Breakaway....New and Different

rfgcc
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

NCL's Breakaway....New and Different

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Loved the ship! Loved the service! Loved the food! Clean ship. A word of advice. Book your dinners and entertainment in advance. Cruise Director is ok. She needs to be more a bit more engaged with the passengers. Definitely not like Sinan from the Gem. Guess we're spoiled!

We stayed in a Haven suite. I would highly recommend the Haven. The atmosphere is so relaxing and welcoming. Our butler and concierge were both very attentive to our needs. The Haven pool area is serene with lounge chairs floating in a shallow pool. We just loved being in a quiet relaxed area.

This was a family cruise. We were 4 families in 4 cabins. Our 3 grandchildren went to Splash Academy every day and loved it!! Top notch kids club! The children put on a great show in the theater. The children's staff was fun and professional.

We saw a couple of the shows, Burn the Floor, which was excellent, and Cirque Dreams Dinner & Jungle Fantasy which was AMAZING! This was certainly More worth the surcharge. The dinner was delicious and the show was fabulous! Like I said, you need to plan a bit more in advance for entertainment. Make plans early.

Our stateroom was great! Our category was S5 which was a Haven Forward Suite. It was a spacious 1 bedroom with a livingroom/dining area and an equally spacious bathroom. Our attendant, Rusty, was so efficient. It seemed like every time we used a towel when we came back to the room, it was replaced! The stateroom stewards work very hard and it is evident by such clean rooms.

We loved the Breakaway so much that we just booked an October sailing to Florida and the Bahamas.

I read other reviews about the Breakaway and all I can say about some of the comments.... could we be super scrutinizing every little flaw? I guess. But people who do that are always looking for the bad in things. We overlooked little quirks and these little things didn't deter us from totally enjoying our family cruise. Thanks NCL for a job well-done!! Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 9706

This was a Haven Forward Suite. The room was a 1 bedroom with a king bed, living room dining area combo with a spacious bathroom. Plenty of storage and 2 very large closets with lots of hangers. The bathroom had a spa like tub with a separate walk in shower with more jets and shower heads that I knew what to do with! Double sinks with sleek hardware made this bathroom an envy to my bathroom at home!We had 2 flat screen tvs. One in the bedroom and one in the living room. I loved having a cappuccino machine in the room (Lavanza). Our Butler, Mark, always made sure the machine was always stocked with espresso pods. The only downside to this stateroom was the balcony was super super small. I was pretty surprised at its size.