Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by poonoopy: Liberty- Overall a great cruise...

poonoopy
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Liberty- Overall a great cruise...

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

First of all I have to say that we really enjoyed our honeymoon cruise. It was my husbands second cruise and my 9th. I have cruised on Disney, Royal, Princess and Carnival. Even though this was a great cruise with great cruise staff, I still love the Disney ships the most. Embarkation was very smooth and we were on board around 11 am and went to have lunch at the Windjammer, we are both not really into the buffet scene so we just had a salad which was fine. Our luggage was in our room after the muster drill.

We had anytime dining and our dining staff was fine..the food on the other hand left a lot to be desired. My two favorite meals on the ship were at the Chops Grill and the Portifino Italian restaurant. To me since I was having no luck in the dining room it was worth the extra cost. My husband had better luck with a few of his meals. I think that Royal is really lacking in the food department and that they need to look into it in my opinion..they just get beat by More Disney and the other cruise lines hands down.

We loved our Grand Suite and since it was our honeymoon we splurged a bit, the bathroom was so beautiful and huge!! The large balcony would have been nice but the weather was cold and rainy so we did not get to enjoy it. The shows were good and we really enjoyed the Up In the Air , and the start of the Saturday Night Fever( they had to stop the show due to the rough weather and the ship rocking so much) but we would have loved the whole thing I am sure.

We had concierge and that was wonderful to come home from touring all day to have the champagne and the treats that they had set up..we saved a ton of money doing this and our bar tab for the whole 7 day cruise was only about 350.00 so that was well worth it to me.
As far as the ports go we got of the ship for 20 minutes in Toulon and then got right back on the ship and just hung out and had a huge nap and chilled since we knew that the other days we would be going non stop. Ville-Franche was amazing and we had hired a private tour guide through Kull tours and her name was Ingrid and she was amazing. The next stops we hired drivers from Rome In A Limo and they were all amazing and we saved so much money because we split it for 4 other couples . I highly recommend touring this was and you get such personalize attention!! Barcelona was great and we stayed in a bed and breakfast called Mas Xpires up about an hour from the port and it was the highlight of my trip!! Overall we loved our trip but I would try Celebrity or Disney next time!! Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>