Star Princess Cruise Review by Cruise Xpert

Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: BB
Cabin Number: A415
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
        Under 3 1.0

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
Not your best choice

I am an Executive at a well-known 5-star hotel chain and I would like to provide my honest observations on services I have received:

1. We paid $1,024 for our one-year old just to allow her to go on this cruise with us. Our reservation was booked and pre-paid 6 months prior to the cruise with requests for baby crib and high chairs. Baby crib did not arrive 4 hours after we initially entered our stateroom and there was always at least 10 minutes wait for high chairs at any of restaurants.

2. We got run-arounds by staff from various departments about who should assist us with sanitizing baby bottles using microwaves. Everyone was trying to refuse this request.

3. There was a room for kid programs, but it was always closed when we passed by.

4. Over 70% staff was not perceived being friendly by simply passing by them. No eye contact and no smile at all!

5. We pre-paid beverage package with unlimited non-alcoholic cocktails. Most bartendes felt being bothered when drinks were ordered. (by the way, if you pay for the drink at the bar, you will be served in a nice cocktail glass with garnish. If the drink is via the beverage package, it is poured into a plastic cup!)

6. Rude Host/Hostess when they were under the stress during the dinner rush.

7. Photos for purchase onboard are extremely expensive ($24.95 a piece). Although I am not completely disgusted by this price, there is absolutely no specials if you wish to buy multiple copies or photos.

8. Followed the disembarkation guideline by the ship to arrange wheelchair assistance for my Mother, but was told on the day of disembarkation that it would be faster if I push the wheelchair myself.

All above, for $9,000 (cruise fare + onboard spendings + shore excursions) for two staterooms with balcony on a 7-day Alaska cruise............Family with kids, please think twice!

Publication Date: 06/13/13