Royal Princess Cruise Review by teatank

Member Name: teatank
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

mixed bag!

Knew we were on a preview cruise so expected some glitches! However we got more than we expected.After queuing for 1hr30 to board we were taken onboard along the deck. Luckily it wasn't raining but they were cleaning the lifeboats so we got good soaking (and frizzy hair) before we even boarded. No big wow factor as were herded straight to the lifts.

The steward had no idea where we were going and kept insisting we were on deck 14. We knew it was deck 16 and in the end showed him the map. However the cabin was really spacious and bigger than others we have stayed in (deluxe balcony) I had pre-ordered a birthday drinks package for my husband but it wasn't in the room when we arrived. After speaking to our cabin steward, 2 trips to guest relations and a phone call it arrived at 20:30. I was furious. Some birthday surprise!!

The food though is good. Horizon court is great with an amazing selection. However the dinner, although nice was nothing special and I have had better.

It is a nice ship for couples though with so many bar areas but I wouldn't take my young children on this (pool area although lovely is small for the size of the ship).This is not a cheap cruise by any means.

Although it was a lovely ship, the service let it down. Would I go again---No. Will stick to Royal Caribbean and heard a few passengers saying the same.

Publication Date: 06/17/13
Read the British Isles & Western Europe ports review by teatank
More Royal Princess Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Royal Princess review Read the next Royal Princess review

More British Isles & Western Europe Reviews
Royal Caribbean never again!
Amsterdam and Guernsey