Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by neverlaysup

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by neverlaysup
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: neverlaysup
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Our 3rd Celebrity cruise

I will start by saying that the overall experience was good but there were a few things about this cruise or this boat that were not up to the usual Celebrity experience. I will start with the most disappointing part of the cruise and that was the food. Our other cruises have been fabulous as the dining was concerned but not this time around. The main dining room was hit and mostly miss. The food was mediocre to bad and although the waitstaff did their best, they could not compensate for poor quality and execution of the product. Even our experiences at Qsine and Murano were just so so. I was incredibly excited for my meals at both of the specialty restaurants but I had to send back my food twice because it was overcooked. The only place I ate that actually enjoyed was the Oceanview Cafe.

Shows on this boat were at strange times and were not good.....

I don't know if the size of the ship has anything to do with it but it was too big with too many people. I feel that the cruise line is reducing the overall quality of the products it provides to increase the profit and it shows, not in a good way.

Molecular Bar: Best place ever, it is why I may sail Celebrity again and the fact that everyone gets a second chance.

Overall corporate customer service: I am still waiting to hear from them based on a number is criticisms I provided to them in writing. I am fairly positive I will never hear from them but one can hold out hope.

Publication Date: 06/12/13