Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by neverlaysup: Our 3rd Celebrity cruise

Our 3rd Celebrity cruise

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

I will start by saying that the overall experience was good but there were a few things about this cruise or this boat that were not up to the usual Celebrity experience. I will start with the most disappointing part of the cruise and that was the food. Our other cruises have been fabulous as the dining was concerned but not this time around. The main dining room was hit and mostly miss. The food was mediocre to bad and although the waitstaff did their best, they could not compensate for poor quality and execution of the product. Even our experiences at Qsine and Murano were just so so. I was incredibly excited for my meals at both of the specialty restaurants but I had to send back my food twice because it was overcooked. The only place I ate that actually enjoyed was the Oceanview Cafe.

Shows on this boat were at strange times and were not good.....

I don't know if the size of the ship has anything to do with it but it was too big with too many people. I feel More that the cruise line is reducing the overall quality of the products it provides to increase the profit and it shows, not in a good way.

Molecular Bar: Best place ever, it is why I may sail Celebrity again and the fact that everyone gets a second chance.

Overall corporate customer service: I am still waiting to hear from them based on a number is criticisms I provided to them in writing. I am fairly positive I will never hear from them but one can hold out hope.

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 9330

Cabin was fine, it felt narrower than previous cabins and was a bit cramped.

Beautiful city, it rained and cut our time short. I look forward to going back.

Mt. Vesuvius

(3)

Not enough time for both visits especially with the 1 hour detour to attempt to sell you overpriced crap. Group was too big in Pompeii for the guide to communicate with. I would recommend doing this one on your own and at your own pace.

Pompeii Walking Tour

(2)

The town is kind of dumpy and there is not much to do locally. Found a great little restaurant off the beaten path and enjoyed a good lunch.