Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by pick aname

10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0
        16+ 1.0

very disapointed

The Good - The staff was excellent. the room was perfect. Embarkation and Dis Embarkation was handled well. The Bad - The food was barely editable. in fact on the last night I refused to eat it. it was supposed to be turkey, but it wasnt real turkey, it was processed turkey out of a package, kinda a turkey loaf. the French Onion soup had no onions, no cheese, no crock bowl it was just soup out of a can served in a small bowl.

The bed has a mattress foam topper, by the 4th day I was in agony, my back is killing me, I have been off the ship for 5 days and I am still in pain. Our room was on the 7th deck aft starboard side, our family was on 7th deck aft port side, (who the hell designed the 7th deck aft and why do you have to go up a floor or down a floor just to cross the elevator lobby?) but by far, the worst part of the trip was the smoking... they say that the casino is only 50% smoking. thats like only pissing in half the pool. there is no such thing as only 50 %. it was SO bad that you could not go into the casino, and one more than one night the smoke drifted past the aft elevator lobby, up past the Main Dining room lobby and into the dining room . The royal promenade was also filled with smoke from the night club next to the soda machine. and whos bright idea was it to put the smoking right at the kiddy pool area? I had a balcony, I hear its nice, but I was not able to use it because the people on both sides of me were smoking out on their balcony .

Lets talk about the soda package.... I got the souvenir cup with the chip in it. and was able to find one of the hidden coke machines that wasnt out of soda most of the time... because of unlimited refills I tried a flavor I never had before, did not like it, dumped it out and the soda machine refused to let me have another choice for 15 minutes. it was a scavenger hunt to try to find where the soda machines were hidden. if it were me I would remove half of the soda machines from the windjammer and remove the ones in the kids zone, the arcade, and relocated them to every other floor at the elevator lobby where people could actually find them. The Oasis can hold 6200 guests and 2100 crew. try getting around the ship when everyone is running to dinner, or to get to the gangway or to a show. there was just TOO many people often times you could not get a elevator and when you did, it was full and you had to wait for the next one.

Now for the excursions. Bahamas... skip it, a total waste of time and dangerous to your health. the bahama press (local newspaper ) reported 8 deaths in the prior 7 days of our visit. we toured the slums and back alleyways in constant fear of our lifes, NEVER AGAIN. St Thomas was nice but short as was St Marteen. they should skip bahamas and spend an extra day in St Marteen.

Publication Date: 06/12/13