Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by AbbyD

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by AbbyD
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: AbbyD
Cruise Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Fun with a few issues

We arrived at Port Canaveral approximately 11:00 a.m. Embarkation was fast and we were probably on the ship within 30 minutes of arrival at the port. We went to the Windjammer to eat because the staterooms would not be ready until 1:30 p.m. The food in the Windjammer was very good and there was a large variety. We had an ocean view stateroom on Deck 2. A previous reviewer had indicated that they noticed the smell of cigarette smoke and that they were told there was no smoke. Our stateroom was fairly close to the one they indicated, we never smelled cigarette smoke in the hallway but on three separate occasions our stateroom did have a strong cigarette smoke smell when we walked in, so there was definitely a cigarette smell. Occasionally, we also detected a faint smell of sewage in the hallway. The last night of the he cruise we could smell it in our room. We were supposed to have a credit on our bill for having a friend book the same cruise. When we received our bill on the last morning it was not on our bill. I went to Guest Services and the girl told me she could not do anything for me on the last day of the cruise and that I should have checked when I got on the ship that the credit was posted to my account! So it's my job to check to make sure Royal Caribbean gave me the credit they promised! She told me I would have to take it up with RC when I got home or contact my travel agent.

Our waiter in the dining room was great. His name was Edwin at table #135. He was the highlight of our cruise. He was great with our children and we can't say enough nice things about him. We did have an issue with My Time Dining, which in my opinion is not really "My Time". Every evening we tried to get a reservation for 7:00 p.m. and every day we were told we could get 6:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. One day I went to the dining room and made a reservation for 7:30 p.m. When we arrived for our 7:30 p.m. reservation the hostess old us that our reservation was for 6:00 p.m. and since we did not show up for our reservation she did not know if they could seat us. I had made the reservation that morning with the same hostess and definitely did not make a reservation for 6:00 p.m.

We went to breakfast the second day in the main dining room and were disappointed. The other days we went to breakfast in the Windjammer. Good food, great variety and made to order omelets.

There was an incident at the pool (which is not RC's fault) that I feel the need to say something about. There was a guy sitting in front of us who stood up, put a towel around him, dropped his swimsuit, and then proceeded to put on his underwear and shorts. He ended up mooning the entire row behind him. FYI-go to the restroom or your stateroom and change! Then there was the guy on the last day of the cruise who insisted on pushing his way onto an elevator that was already full with his luggage and his child. There was no room for him but he did not seem to care. He made one lady so mad she said she was getting off the elevator and she did. He just did not seem to understand she was not doing him a favor, she was mad, and rightly so. He tells her thank you!

We enjoyed Coco Cay and Nassau. We took the ferry boat over to Atlantis. The guide on the ferry boat was very entertaining and had a lot of personality. If you go over to Atlantis the ferry boat is the way to go. Much more entertaining that a taxi.

Overall, we enjoyed our cruise on Enchantment of the Seas.

Publication Date: 06/16/13