Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by laurafig99: Disappointed!!!!!

laurafig99
Member Since 2013

Embarkation Not Rated

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Mediterranean Cruises

Disappointed!!!!!

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Our eambarkation went smoothly, and we went into the ship to have lunch . After lunch, we went to our cabin. We chose cabin 8313 which had a window overlooking the promenade. ( Since we had the same type of room on our last RCCL trip, we did not anticipate any problems. However, one night during the voyage, they had some type of disco night which started at 11:15 pm. We had gone to bed before that because we had an excursion at 7:15 the next morning. Unfortunately for us, the noise continued until almost 12:30.) We found that they no longer provide some common amenities in the rooms such as: a pen, lotion, or an extra bar of soap in case the tiny one provided gets used up. You have to ask for ice also. The configuration of this room was also awkward. The closet door is right in front of the bathroom door, and if it is open you can't get in/out of the bathroom or the room itself.

The first evening, we went to the dining room (we had anytime dining) andour table was ready. I More mentioned to the hostess that I had made reservations on line for the same time eachnight of the cruise. She told me that they only had one reservation in their system and I would have to come back later in the evening to clear things up. I did return, and they fixed the error. The food on this ship was not as good as it was in the past. Everything was DRY or lacking flavor.

When we went to our cabin, we found that the towels we used to freshen up earlier were still on the floor. We had to ask for clean ones for the next morning.

The ports we visited were beautiful, but the port talks were not at all informative. In the past, we were given helpful hints on sites to see and places to shop as well as maps for the independent travelers. Not on this cruise. We used the ship's shore excursions to visit Nice and Eze, Sorrento, and Florence and Piza. They were well worth the money, and tour guides were knowledgeable and friendly. I just wish we had more time in each port.

The shows were good, and I highly recommend the ice show. I can't say much about the cruise director because he was not around. The one time that he introduced the evening show, he was wearing a polo shirt and slacks. I thought that he was one of the guests. It was a bit of a trick to plan an evening's entertainment around dinner and the shows because not all of them are presented twice an evening or every evening. On 2 occasions, we read in the Compass that there would be music in the Sphinx lounge at a specific time. When we arrived, we found a sign at the entrance stating that it was closed for a private party. On the second evening, I went in to find it deserted. I asked the bartender, who was all by himself, if there was a private event abut to take place. He told me there wasn't, and shrugged his shoulders when I told him that a sign at the door was keeping people out.
I saw a lot of shoulders shrugged as the week went on, and we continued to see misstep after misstep. I could go on, but I will jump to the disembarkation. We have reached platinum status and decided to take advantage of the disembarkation area set aside for loyal guests. When we went to the dining room that was listed in the Compass as our designated area, they were setting up for lunch and had no idea why we were there. I flagged down a young man with a two way radio, and he nonchallantly told me that he had told guest services about the error. He told us that we could leave with the next group that was called. However, the loudspeaker in that area was turned off. So we left at the time we were given the previous night. When we got to the area with all of the bags, ours were not there. Luckily I saw my bag across the room in a seperate section marked..."Tags Missing"... even though my husband secured it himself. His bag was around the corner in a room for those flying on Delta. They don't have any signs alerting Delta travelers of this.
The moral of the story for us is that we will go on Celebrity, Princess, or try a cruise line that we have not yet been on. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Liberty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Liberty of the Seas Promenade Stateroom Deck 6 8313

This room is extremely awkward. The doors to the closet are right by the cabin door and bathroom door. So, if they are open you cannot enter or leave the room, and you cannot enter or leave the bathroom.