Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by RandyPeggy

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by RandyPeggy
Carnival Sensation
Cabin Category: 4D
Cabin Number: U126
Entertainment Not Rated

Short and Sweet

Traveling with the wife, our daughter and two grandkids, this was our 5th cruise with Carnival and first on this class of ship. I was pleasantly surpised by it's features and did not feel like I was on a small ship. While I have heard complaints about it being older and in desparate need of updating, I did not see this to be the case.

The interior cabin we had, was obviously renovated and very clean. The whole ship was very clean and well maintained. The single pool did appear to be extremely crowded on the sea day, but I managed to get in once with no crowds while in port. Spent most of my sun time up on the Waterworks deck. Even when not using the slides, which were a blast, it was very pleasant there - always a nice breeze. While the weather was perfect, it did get generally too hot and stuffy around the main pool area.

We had anytime dining and never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated, going a couple of days at 6PM and a couple at 7PM. The service was Fast, efficient and the food was delicious. The waiters made the effort to learn and re-greet by name. Usually, you will only see this done with 'standard seating'. The menu selection was the usual standards and glad to see they have not cut back on the traditional favorites - lobster tail ,escargot, filet mignon (Of course, all only offered once). I'm a big water drinker, and my glass was always being refilled.

Our cabin steward (Iketut) was great and every night we had towel animals and chocolates. Only attended one show so can't really comment on entertinment.

My biggest complaint would have to be the length of the lifeboat drill! Didn't think to time it until half way through, but it seemed like it was about 45 minutes - Way too long!

Publication Date: 06/11/13