AmaLegro Cruise Review by kyotoqt

Member Name: kyotoqt
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Paris
Destination: Europe River
See More About: AmaLegro Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | AmaWaterways Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: AmaLegro Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Amalegro and Normandy...Not for Solo travelers

The cruise to Normandy is just one of the many cruises i have been on. I am a well seasoned traveler and this will be the last adventure with amawaterways.

As a single woman the intimate atmosphere of a river cruise appeals to me. The issue is at dinner. They do abolutely nothing to make a single woman feel comfortable.

The first night they seat you at captains table which is very gracious. It is all downhill from there. They have open seating. The head Matri 'D basically takes you around from table to table. Often occupied with family or friends, it starts to feel like a meat market. Can you imagine how it feels when a table of people shoo you off? It can be an excerize in rejection every night. I finally asked him to seat me with other solo travelers on board. His response was..I have no idea who they are? The rest of the trip I felt I had no choice,but to plant myself out of the way at a table in a corner.

If you are a single female traveler, please take heed. This is an experience I would not recommend. I am a very seasoned traveler and have even gone to Japan myself.

Publication Date: 06/10/13