Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by bltinfla

Member Name: bltinfla
Cruise Date: May 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: 2A
See More About: Celebrity Infinity Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

A bit disappointed

We have sailed mostly on Royal Caribbean and have always heard that Celebrity was an upgrade to RCCL. All in all the cruise was good but we were really not overwhelmed by Celebrity. For the money we plan to remain with RCCL.

The balcony (veranda) really need a paint job. The conduit for the lighting fixture was rusted.

The entertainment was great and we enjoyed the shows we could make. Unfortunately because of the slowness of being served for late dining, we missed a couple. Several members of the staff seemed to ignore you. One instance two staff were having an argument (or discussion) by a bulkhead. I had to go around them to squeeze by. As I did the ship hit a wave which caused me to twist my knee and send a shot of pain up the knee. Fortunately it was nothing serious. They advertised having caffeine free diet cola, so I bought the soft drink package. Unfortunately there was only one place I could get it.

I've already mentioned the slow service. The other problem was the dining room food. We had to send our meals back 3 times between us and could have sent back more except we finally gave up. The plus side was the sushi at about 3 PM.

I have to give a plus to the cabin attendants. They were friendly, prompt, but still unobtrusive.

Publication Date: 06/10/13