Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by EmmyLaBlonde: Freedom of the Seas June 2 2013 7 nights Eastern Caribbean

EmmyLaBlonde
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Freedom of the Seas June 2 2013 7 nights Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: June 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Let me first list the positives:
Cruise Director-
Richard Spacey was the best I have ever experienced in all my years of cruising! Activities Manager Jamie was also excellent and the two combined were unbeatable. Richard had many funny short movies he had made of cruising adventures on the state room TV, loved them!! Also the Morning Show they both did was something I looked forward to daily. They read every persons shout outs and that's something I wish each cruise did, it was a very special personal touch.

Dining room-
food was excellent except the desserts, but the meats, soups, and service was all 5 star.
Had dinner in Portofino's, and the filet and tiramisu best I ever had, and I am some what of a foodie.

Our balcony was HUGE! Had tea each morning on it, room service was first rate!
Our Cabin Attendant Roberto Orr was the best I have ever had. RCI is known for excellent service, but he went above and beyond daily for us.
Bed was More extremely comfortable with nice linens.

Wind Jammer-
Food was excellent, except desserts were so so, although the cookies were great! Service was the best of any RCI cruise to date. The wait staff not only kept the tables cleared but always offered to get our beverages. They were wonderful! The carving station excellent, mashed potatoes amazing and that's hard for massed produced. The French Fries best I ever had, and burgers were excellent! Not greasy or dry.

Non Alcoholic drinks ie: ice tea, lemonade, juices were overly watered down and terrible, and if you are not a soda drinker (as I am not) then you are in trouble for beverages.
There was a wonderful greeter that was either singing songs or making balloon animals. It was very inviting.

Shows-
Excellent, Drew Thomas magician is a must see!! I am still trying to figure out how he did some of his tricks.

The ships entertainers/ singers were outstanding. Often there is one great singer then the rest are ok, not this cruise, they had 3 phenomenal singers, the male singer (sorry don't remember the name) did a Phantom of the Opera that was better than the performance I saw on Broadway, same with the Female singer that did Cabaret!
Acrobats that did the Silks performance was spell binding! Beautiful and again some of the best I have ever seen!!

NOT so good:
The Hot Tubs were often closed and when often were filthy! So much so I reported it to one of the crew.

Pools were closed, and its hot in the Caribbean in June, last thing you need is a closed pool!
Desserts were mediocre at best. I hear Carnival has a Chocolate Lava cake served nightly that is to die for, so I am actually going to try my first Carnival cruise just to see the difference in food.

Wind Jammer manager made way too many announcements.
State room bathroom is very small and shower is tiny. There was no hot water in the sink faucet, but plenty in the shower.

Activities-
It was not well announced where to sign up. One of our group had been looking forward to being in the Belly flop competition, but was told he was too late to participate. He had tried to sign up 15 minutes before hand. It was not announced in advance where to sign up and by what time. Same for all competitions.

Cruise staffer Rebecca was terrible, had the personality of a wet noodle, needs to find another profession.

Sail Away was boring and not many good spots on the ship to watch pulling away.

Final thoughts-
I would highly recommend this cruise although June is warm I think nov /dec are better for weather. Ship is amazing! Staff and food wonderful. Just don't count on good desserts or non alcoholic drinks. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Freedom of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Freedom of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Deck 6 7708

Tiny Bathroom, huge balcony, comfortable beds.

Hot Hot Hot in June, and Coco Loco drink is a must, but be aware that tip is added in to your charge when you get to the ship.
there were plenty of lounge chairs in the shade so that was nice, but beach was very shell ridden so wear aqua shoes or your feet get cut up.
Not my favorite port. Was boring if you do not book an excursion.

Read 244 CocoCay Reviews

My favorite, you take a water taxi into town and the shopping is great! Also the town is charming.

Enjoyable. Can walk to town or take a taxi. Taxi is $4 and is preferred. Shopping was better on St Maarten. The island is beautiful and should be explored. We arrived at noon which was late and hot.

Read 2342 St. Thomas Reviews