MSC Fantasia Cruise Review by elr1913: My worse cruise experience

My worse cruise experience

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

first time on msc and my buddies and I dubbed it the Money Sucking Cruise. seems like we were charged for everything. the food was horrible in the restaurants and at the buffets. I actually lost weight on this ship, which hasn't been the case w/any of my other cruises. customer service was a joke. one travel companion and I are vegetarians. asked for a veggie burger and was simply told no. they'll be served tomorrow. I survived off salads and fruits, for the great majority of the cruise. even food which didn't include meat was often cold and bland. I happen to love pizza but the offerings on this ship turned me against the food. simply did not taste good. sometimes undercooked. sometimes not enough cheese. just looked thrown together.

at accounting and reception, encountered rude customer service. one night msc requested that all passengers bring their passports, as they would be needed at one of the ports of call. I did not feel comfy leaving my passport w/anyone and asked More why it was needed. the question was met w/a shoulder shrug. asked when the passport would be returned. informed the following day, which actually turned into my buddy's passport being returned three days afterwards. others in our group never turned over our passports and did not encounter any issues getting onto or off the ship, which makes me question even more why they were "needed."

for those staying on the 8th deck, beware that your view may be blocked by the life boats. this happened to others in our group, as they stayed in room 8206. their view was horrible and the focus of jokes all week long, unfortunately at their expense.

finally, on the last nite, our door was directly by the area where they were collecting luggage. the workers were beyond loud and had the door open, as they listened to music and talked very loud. after 15 minutes, I went to the door and one worker looked at me and said, "yeah. what's up?" I was taken aback and indicated it was 1:30am and their noise made it impossible to sleep. he snickered and I asked for his name, as I couldn't see his tag. another worker quickly apologized and offered to shut the door. I was sleepy that I let it go and chalked it up to another poor msc customer service experience.

there is no way I would ever recommend msc to anyone. not even an enemy. Less

Read more MSC Fantasia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Fantasia Review >>

(2)

bari is boring. walk around a tiny town and do some shopping. nothing major to see.

Read 103 Bari Reviews

not much to do w/in walking distance of the port.