Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Jeanne3150

Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Summit - Southern Caribbean
This was our 2nd Summit sailing, and it was just as wonderful as the first. Embarkation was painless with no wait. We arrived about Noon and were welcomed with champagne, we were not shown our rooms which was a first for us, but that was fine since we had been on Summit before and knew the layout.

After much thought we had booked a Celebrity Suite, which has no veranda but has floor to ceiling windows in the living room, a dining area, a private bedroom, with vanity/dressing area and a bathroom with jacuzzi tub, and double sinks. The suite was marvelous, even without a veranda we were very happy and will book these suites anytime we cruise this class of ships with Celebrity. Our butler Kenneth did a wonderful job of pampering us and we couldn't have been more pleased with him or Ramon our Cabin Steward.

The food was better in the main dining room than on Millennium last year and it was good then, just better now that they appear to be cooking beef as ordered rather than all medium to medium well. This was the first time we had a waitress rather than waiter and she was fantastic. Mildred made us all feel very special.

We went to the Normandie twice and were so pleased to see it is still excellent. The Chateaubriand and Chocolate Souffle were to die for and the Gourmet Bites were wonderful too. On the second night I had the lamb and it was prepared perfectly. We recognized the Maitre d' from the Olympic on Millie in 2002 and he remembered us too (at least he said he did...who knows??), anyway he gave us the same table both nights which was in the corner where we could observe everything going on in the Restaurant all evening. It was great!

The entertainment was good. The big shows were typical, but enjoyable. The comedian was surprisingly good, magician was OK, aerialists good but not as good as our first Summit cruise. The piano player, Perry King at Michael's Club had the place packed every night, we spent many late evenings there sipping Spanish Coffee and enjoyed his performances.

Since I broke my arm halfway through the cruise our shore excursions were rather limited so I won't go into Ports except to say that sailing around the Islands was wonderful especially early in the mornings. St. Lucia is beautiful and I loved Barbados, will definitely go back there someday.

Unfortunately I did not get to the Cruise Critic Party because it was held at a time that I already had an appointment booked with the spa and it was too late to cancel when I got the notice about the party. I was disappointed that my notice came so late. Other than that the cruise was wonderful!

Debarkation was a breeze. We went to Michael's Club at 8:30, were called to leave by 8:40 and were off the ship by 8:45.

Looking for another ship right now for next year's cruise!!!

Publication Date: 08/13/04