Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Jules.

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Jules.
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Elizabeth
Member Name: Jules.
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: A6
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Fab trip to the fjords

This trip was my fourth cruse, all of which have been to Norway. I travelled with my mum who is in her late 60s. We enjoyed the whole cruise, especially having a balcony which we have never had before, a real novelty. The ship is the youngest we have cruise on, the others being Black Watch and Oceana. We travelled to the port with cruise link, on a rock star type coach gong down with tables between the forward and backwards facing seats, and an ordinary coach going home.

We were on early sitting for dinner on a table for 6 and we all got on really well, and hope to stay in touch with our new friends. The food was beautiful, room service prompt, the choices overwhelming! I used the gm for the early morning stretch classes that I found were a good way to start the day, plus to negate the effects of the food....

We enjoyed exploring the ship and just relaxing on the two sea days, the virtual bridge tour was well attended and informative. I went to a couple of dance classes which were fun, and also managed a dance in the evening courtesy of the gentlemen hosts. We never found the lido to be crowded when we were in there, and the layout fine.
Our cabin was in a great location considering we only booked it 3 weeks before sailing at a great discount. It tickled me to discover that people who had booked late like we had all had port side cabins on deck 4!

We loved the cruise director, and how she used to always say "everybody" on her morning show. The evening shows were a lovely way to end the evening and we went to them all bar the comedian, instead we listened to a string quartet in the mid ships bar.
We were very sad when the cruise came to an end.

Publication Date: 06/10/13