Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Jules.: Fab trip to the fjords

Fab trip to the fjords

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

This trip was my fourth cruse, all of which have been to Norway. I travelled with my mum who is in her late 60s. We enjoyed the whole cruise, especially having a balcony which we have never had before, a real novelty. The ship is the youngest we have cruise on, the others being Black Watch and Oceana. We travelled to the port with cruise link, on a rock star type coach gong down with tables between the forward and backwards facing seats, and an ordinary coach going home.

We were on early sitting for dinner on a table for 6 and we all got on really well, and hope to stay in touch with our new friends. The food was beautiful, room service prompt, the choices overwhelming! I used the gm for the early morning stretch classes that I found were a good way to start the day, plus to negate the effects of the food....

We enjoyed exploring the ship and just relaxing on the two sea days, the virtual bridge tour was well attended and informative. I went to a couple of dance More classes which were fun, and also managed a dance in the evening courtesy of the gentlemen hosts. We never found the lido to be crowded when we were in there, and the layout fine.
Our cabin was in a great location considering we only booked it 3 weeks before sailing at a great discount. It tickled me to discover that people who had booked late like we had all had port side cabins on deck 4!

We loved the cruise director, and how she used to always say "everybody" on her morning show. The evening shows were a lovely way to end the evening and we went to them all bar the comedian, instead we listened to a string quartet in the mid ships bar.
We were very sad when the cruise came to an end. Less

Read more Queen Elizabeth cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Elizabeth Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Elizabeth Balcony - Metal-Fronted Deck 4 4040

A fantastic cabin, great location and very quiet,, just heard the lift bell ding twice in the night during the whole cruise. Easy to go to bed after coming out of the show, just 2 flights of stairs to climb. Great for the gym, straight up in the lift. We enjoyed walking through the main rooms on deck 2 on our way to dinner at night. Lovely deep balcony. I would book this cabin again in a heart beat. Loved it!