Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Use2BLurker

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Use2BLurker
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: Use2BLurker
Cruise Date: October 2006
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Constellation - Canada/New England
This was our first cruise on Celebrity, and let me say that although I did not actively participate in the Cruise Critic Roll Call, I did read all their posts and got a lot of great tips from the other passengers' posts that were also booked on this sailing. Specially Judy & Rod. It was a delight meeting them during the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet. I'm glad I signed up.

The Constellation is smaller and older compared to the other vessels I have sailed, but there is a lot of character and elegance about her. Both the exterior and interior are beautifully designed and decorated. I particularly enjoyed the Cova Cafe on the 5th deck where Sasha, Jelkow & Sanya welcomed us every morning with an Espresso and a chocolate. We don't know whether it was Sasha, Jelkow & Sanya, or that delicious chocolate that accompanied our Espresso, that kept my husband and I going back for more! We think both. Definitely both.

The cabin was of perfect size. We had an incredible amount of storage space and our 4 luggage bags fit easily under our beds. The balcony was very comfortable and spacious, as well as the bathroom. We were attended by Ninfa and Ravi who were the nicest two you would want to meet. They did an outstanding job with our room and were just wonderful.

Like these individuals, there were so many who made our cruise so enjoyable.

The itinerary was perfect! We couldn't ask for better weather in Boston, Bar Harbor, Halifax, Quebec City or Portland! Sure it was a little cold, but being from South Florida, it was exactly what we were looking forward to. We were so lucky to be there in the peak of the fall foliage! The colors were unlike anything we had seen before! New England was everything we expected and more! The excursions provided by Celebrity were outstanding. We were not disappointed with any of them. We were especially impressed with our full day tour of Quebec City! Our travel guide, Marie was exceptional! Ah! Quebec! Ooh la la! What a city! We definitely plan to go back to Quebec City and spend a few days. The Saguenay River passage was also very beautiful, and it would have been even better had it not been so foggy that day. I believe it was the only day that wasn't crisp and sunny.

The tour of the Bridge by Thazos (I'm not sure if I spelled it right, but he was the second officer onboard) was very interesting. He's 23 years old, and he did an incredible job at keeping all of us focused on his explanation of the navigational aspects of the ship, and answering all the questions about the Rolls Royce engine and the pod system. Then dolphins decided to show up and ruined it all! My husband and I were amazed how everyone just left that officer standing to look at dolphins swimming next to the bow! How rude! But then again, we see dolphins all the time here at home. It was certainly a great treat for my husband who enjoys navigating our little vessel at home. I hope it doesn't give him any ideas about upgrading our boat! I would much rather spend it on a cruise!

The dining room served up wonderful gourmet meals, but the Oceanliner was exceptional. Kate, the Harpist played beautifully while we enjoyed our delicious meal. I highly recommend the goat cheese soufflE as an appetizer. It is absolutely marvelous! We dined there twice during the cruise.

I had a little bit of a problem the first few days. My husband usually depends on me to guide him for lunch venues and activities. I didn't keep my activity sheet handy and was either late for lunch or early for dinner. Forget about activities! When I would remember what was happening, it was too late. I missed it! Every time we arrived at the Windjammer, it was too late for lunch or too early for dinner. Of course, by the time we wanted dinner, it became too late again. For the sake of my marriage and my cruise, I decided to keep the activity sheet in my pocket at all times. I have to tell you I didn't enjoy that. I would have rather the announcements to tell us what was going on. On this ship, there are none.

The only difference in the cruises that we have taken in the past is that the average age onboard was about 70. My husband and I are not close to this average yet. On other cruises, we slept when we got home. On this cruise we slept and slept and slept throughout the cruise! I learned to take naps on this cruise.

It was a ghost town after 11 pm! Except of course for the Chocolate Buffet night! Also, on previous cruises, passengers (including myself) concentrate on their drinks. On this cruise they concentrate on their books. I have never seen so many people reading together in one space for 11 days in my life! No wonder they have 3 floors of library on this ship! As for me, I was too busy keeping track of my activity sheet to drink.

All kidding aside, this was a beautiful cruise and we enjoyed every minute of it! Canada/New England is a wonderful itinerary and should be sailed in the fall by everyone. Our thanks to the wonderful staff onboard who made our stay so pleasant! Special thanks to Cruise Critics, a phenomenal source for cruising!

Publication Date: 10/18/06