Diamond Princess Cruise Review by gigglergal

Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: AE
Cabin Number: D204
See More About: Diamond Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Ship Facts: Diamond Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Diamond Princess Deck Plans
Excellent adventure

We took this cruise May 25th and sailed 7 days We also took the land cruise afterwards. I enjoyed the land cruise more than the cruise so it was well worth the money. We had room D204 it had a fantastic balcony. There was laundry facilities on the same level, very convenient and easy to use. I really thought that the excursions were overpriced in Ketchican and Juneau. I think you could probably do a lot more on your own for the same or less $.
The glacier viewing was fantastic from our own balcony. In Whittier we caught the train. Awesome!

The food on the ship was good,. comparable to other cruises that we have been on. I wasn't any more impressed with Princess. I did, however, love that land cruise. The train was incredible. The coaches that they bussed us on was nice also. They never left lost our luggage and it was always there waiting for us. Alaska is a trip of a lifetime. The weather was perfect .In Denali, the National Park is nice, after the tour, we caught a bus and went back to visit the Visitors Center. They don't stop on the regular tour for you. We got to see all of Mt. McKinley. I think the McKinley lodge is a money maker for them. There is no place to go, but to a town about an hour away and they charge $10.00 per person to bus you there.

So you have to buy your meals at the lodge and you are there for quite a while. I wished the time in Denali was longer and the time at the McKinley lodge was shorter. The drive to Anchorage is interesting too. Anchorage is very large and is packed with most of the businesses that you find back home. Captain Cook Hotel is very nice also. All in all, we would do it again. Do the land tour after the cruise.

Publication Date: 06/09/13