Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by chefT2

Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: 12
Cabin Number: 2021
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Amazing Alaska, Amazing Ship

We flew into Vancouver, 5 minutes and we were through customs. We bought the $9 public transit pass and embarked upon our delightful tour of Vancouver. Public transportation in Vancouver is convenient and clean. Our Hotel, North Vancouver Hotel (wonderful inexpensive hotel) was very close to bus stop. near Grouse Mountain. Vancouver is lovely and I wish we had spent more than one day in the city.

The next day we took a cab to the pier, for 30 including tip. There were 3 ships departing that day so it was very busy, but they were organised and we were aboard in just over an hour.

The Millennium is gorgeous, and the staff is exceptional. They are warm and accommodating every staff member. We went to the buffet of course, it was beautiful and had a wide variety of wonderful fresh foods. I joked with them while they made me a great Cesar salad. After we went to the pool atop the ship, We could see the beautiful vista atop Millie, the mountains, Vancouver skyline dipping into the sea. Our rooms were ready ahead of scheduled and we were in our stateroom before 2.

We were in room 2021 and met our wonderful attendant Charlie. Our room exceeded expectations and was adequately spaced. Bed was very comfortable, and Charlie did an excellent job at rolling with our diverse scheduled. He kept our room tidy, lots of ice and dealt marvelously with our vacation debris.

The first night we went to Qsine to take advantage of the 20 percent discount. Qsine was everything I expected, fun playful, delicious, We loved it and will return every time we sail. The food aboard was great at every outlet. I am a chef so I know the obsticles they have to overcome, and they delivered. I had great lamb chops and lobster in the Metropolitan. We had great food at the buffet, their international food was amazing. The active stir fry station you could add what you wanted and the vegetables were fresh and never overcooked.
Now onto one of my favorites, Crush the Martini bar, the wonderful bartenders made my favorite drink all week, Ginger martini. They have great skills, and you can sit at that beautiful bar talk to interesting people and watch the sceanery. Tkumar(I think that was his name) from Bali was our favorite bartender and Udar(not sure again, he is the bartender in the casino) But all of them were great. Not a drinker on land at all but boy its fun aboard.
First day was at sea, second day was Ketchikan. Nice town, cheap shopping. Buy the bulk of your gifts there. Good day for excursions too. We were going to do the zip line but we didnt get up in time for the early one. I walked around for a couple of miles, pretty coastal town.

Next Icy Point straight. We took the hike through the woods to the sea, wonderful this was the nicest stop because there was just the Millie and all other stops had 4 or 5 cruise ships in town, It was not packed because they have a deal with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean and its not busy and very pretty.

Juneau we took the shuttle bus to Menedhall, there we hiked the forest trail. It led us to the Gacier lake and beautiful.. Next was Skagway we rented a car and drove up the Yukon trail. Emerald lake is something not to miss.

Entertainment aboard was good. The comedian was great. The revue shows were entertaining.

We took the train to Anchorage, it was pretty but crowded. since it left at 630 am we disembarked quickly. My only complaint was that they took our luggage to a hotel downtown. We were going to rent a car at the airport so this was somewhat inconvenient. This was a great cruise.

We drove to Willow AK and stayed at the Nancy Lake Villa (check it out online) this was a great House on a lake with every amenity you could ask for. It is centrally located in in Matsu valley easy drive to most attractions. We were in Talkeena in about an hour. We also fished with Sustina Valley River Guides. Great company, funny guy.

Publication Date: 06/14/13