Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Lilypug: Wonderful North Bound Alaska Cruise

Lilypug
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Alaska Cruises

Wonderful North Bound Alaska Cruise

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

My husband and I brought my parents on a North bound Alaska cruise out of Vancouver for and their early 50 year wedding anniversary and Christmas present. The ship was in very good shape, our rooms were wonderful, and the staff was as friendly and helpful as always. This was our 5th cruise with Celebrity and we will stick with them in the future. The entertainment was very good (other than a so so magician)and the variety of bands or soloist performers on the ship was great. We were able to find some where to dance every night.

Embarkation went very well in Vancouver. There were 3 cruises all starting on the same day, but everything was smooth and organized. The port seems to have worked out what ever issues they were having in September of 2012.

Large window, very nice for viewing the wildlife in the water. Room was very quite. There was a large party in the atrium area with the party band playing. I don't know what they did, but you could not hear anything from More it in the hallway our room was on. There are no cabins across the hall from this section of rooms. The location is not frequently used as a travel path by passengers. It is very near the stairs and elevator, but I did not hear any noise from it. Being on deck 3 was very convenient at ports. We will stay in this room or in the same hallway again.

We were blessed with incredible weather in each port. The only overcast/cloudy day was when we went to Hubbard glacier. With the strange weather that has been occurring, there was an extremely large amount of ice in the water so the captain was only able to get the ship within about 3-4 miles of the glacier. It was amazing pushing through all the ice in the water to get that close. You could feel the ship hitting the large chunks in the water. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium 3136

Large window, very nice for viewing the wildlife in the water. Room was very quite. There was a large party in the atrium area with the party band playing. I don't know what they did, but you could not hear anything from it in the hallway our room was on. There are no cabins across the hall from this section of rooms. The location is not frequently used as a travel path by passengers. It is very near the stairs and elevator, but I did not hear any noise from it. Being on deck 3 was very convenient at ports. We will stay in this room or in the same hallway again.