Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by ginka123: Relax and let them take care of you

ginka123
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Relax and let them take care of you

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

I must admit that we are relatively new cruisers but we have travelled a lot so we have some ability to comment on our treatment on our recent Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette. We felt really pampered. We had the standard balcony room which was slightly larger than the room we had on the Norwegian Sun. There were lots of cubbies for stowing things so the room felt less cluttered and crowded. The bed was very comfortable which is critical as far as I'm concerned. The selection of on demand movies was great too.

The waiters and wine stewards did everything they could to make sure we enjoyed our meals - including having special gluten free meals and desserts for my husband every day. We shared our table in the main dining room with a German gentleman who wrote reviews for a German travel organization. We asked him how he would rate our evening meals and he said that they were as good as a meal in a 5 star resort. We agreed and didn't bother to try any of the More specialty (extra cost) restaurants.

We took advantage of several of the reasonably priced combo specials offered by the spa to try a variety of massages, facials and reflexology treatments. The massage therapist who took care of me was fantastic - and I'm spoiled by the massage therapist who takes care of me at home.

My only negative was that we paid extra for wi-fi access and had constant battles as we kept losing contact with the internet. I'm sure we wasted some of our expensive online time just trying to get re-connected but even if the clock stopped when we were interrupted - it was a royal pain. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda Continental Deck (6) 6192

Great room - very comfortable bed - lots of cubbies for stowing stuff so the room stays neater - great cabin steward - he had our distilled water and an extension cord ready and waiting for our C-Pap machines.

Archeological Museum

see above - it was a combo tour

City Tour

The museum and city tour were both fantastic. My husband had recently had hip surgery so we ruled out hiking up to the Acropolis but were able to learn a lot from the museum and could easily see it at a distance from several places. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and we enjoyed the day.

Didn't see much - just the market area and traffic jams.

Ephesus

We loved exploring the ruins in Ephesus and the tour guide was very well informed. We were amazed a the size of the site and the mixture of cultures that had left their marks on the area. We also went to the small town of Siringe for arts and crafts market and lunch. This was also fun but I would have liked more time to explore that area. I would have skipped the mandatory tour of the carpet weaving studio since I already knew how that is done. And the carpets were very expensive.

Read 79 Ephesus Reviews

City Tour

I think this was the name of the tour we took. It involved a bus ride around the city and other parts of the island with a variety of stops to get off and explore briefly. It was a great way to get a good idea of what Malta is like.

We had a lovely time walking around the small port area of Mykonos harbor. We even found the last weaver on Mykonos - since I am also a weaver I was thrilled - but sad to know she was the last. It is a beautiful area and we really enjoyed walking, stopping for a drink or gelato, shopping and exploring.

Read 375 Mykonos Reviews

We had visited Naples on a previous trip so I only visited the dock area and my husband rested in the room.

Read 642 Naples Reviews

I would have liked another day there. It was a holiday so many things were closed. We took one of the "hop on hop off" local busses and enjoyed seeing the area. We explored some of the old walled town area but all the museums were closed. The other side of the island looked like it had great beaches and a relaxing beach vacation on the island would be fun some day. I'd like to go back.

Read 185 Rhodes Reviews

My husband chose to stay on board since this island required a lot of hilly walking. We were tendered in and took the cable car up to the city at the top. I walked and shopped and walked and shopped up and down hills on tiny streets and alley ways. It was fun but after looking at a book about the island I realized that I missed a lot of the island.