Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by ginka123

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by ginka123
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: ginka123
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 1A
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Relax and let them take care of you

I must admit that we are relatively new cruisers but we have travelled a lot so we have some ability to comment on our treatment on our recent Mediterranean cruise on the Celebrity Silhouette. We felt really pampered. We had the standard balcony room which was slightly larger than the room we had on the Norwegian Sun. There were lots of cubbies for stowing things so the room felt less cluttered and crowded. The bed was very comfortable which is critical as far as I'm concerned. The selection of on demand movies was great too.

The waiters and wine stewards did everything they could to make sure we enjoyed our meals - including having special gluten free meals and desserts for my husband every day. We shared our table in the main dining room with a German gentleman who wrote reviews for a German travel organization. We asked him how he would rate our evening meals and he said that they were as good as a meal in a 5 star resort. We agreed and didn't bother to try any of the specialty (extra cost) restaurants.

We took advantage of several of the reasonably priced combo specials offered by the spa to try a variety of massages, facials and reflexology treatments. The massage therapist who took care of me was fantastic - and I'm spoiled by the massage therapist who takes care of me at home.

My only negative was that we paid extra for wi-fi access and had constant battles as we kept losing contact with the internet. I'm sure we wasted some of our expensive online time just trying to get re-connected but even if the clock stopped when we were interrupted - it was a royal pain.

Publication Date: 06/09/13