Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by roosterlamp

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by roosterlamp
Carnival Paradise
Carnival Paradise
Member Name: roosterlamp
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Tampa
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 6C
Cabin Number: u22
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Sun and Fun on The Paradise

We took our 2 daughters and boyfriend on a celebration cruise. We had not cruised as a family for many years so we thought bringing in our daughter's 21st bday was a great idea on a cruise. We were not disappointed!
We have cruised 8 times both Carnival and RCL. I love Carnival. I have never had anything but great times on either but I think Carnival stands out as more fun.

Embarkation is a breeze. Tampa has it together. We were on the ship fast. Room was ready by 12:30 and bags came to door not too much later. Love unpacking and getting ready for our days ahead!

Yes, the Paradise is an older ship but I thought it was fantastic. We had a oceanview room. Who cares if the tile is old? The ship is easy to maneuver. Beds were so comfortable, pillows to die for. Wish I had them now. Room service always prompt. The ship is the perfect size, no lines. I heard our ship was full. Lots to do, shows, deck parties, trivia, comedians. Well planned out.

Our staff was great. I have to give a shout out to JayJay who take care of our 3 cabins. Always a spotless room and he always had a smile or kind words for us. He was great. Our Dining room staff, Juan Carlos and Dexter were also attentive and great. They called us by name from day 1 and we wanted for nothing. My daughter's room was decorated for her birthday and it was fantastic! Way to go Carnival!

Our day 1 at sea was spent at the pool and the serenity deck. I wish the serenity was a little bigger, but oh well. Pool had a party atmosphere, music and fun. The cruise director didnt really impress but he was nice enough. Lots of line dancing, fun.

Day 2 at Cozumel was spent at Mr. Sanchos. We did the all inclusive for about $50 each. All you can eat and drink. Sun, fun, chairs, beach, snorkeling. Yum and FUN. Be CAREFUL and negotiate your cab fare from the port before you get moving on the road. Should run you $16 to get to Mr. Sanchos. We had a issue with another driver who wanted to charge much more. Enough said. Hit Fat Tuesdays after Mr. Sanchos. CRAZY FUN. Lots of music, great drinks and dancing. We limped back on the ship :)

Day 3 at sea. More of the same wonderful fun. Fun , pool and Sun on serenity. we love days at sea, so we are easy. We love the disconnect that cruising gives you. Nothing better than being out in the middle of the gulf in the sun with an adult beverage in hand if you ask me. Played putt putt also, a bit windy but it was hilarious !

Disembarkation was same ol same ol. I am getting used to just not getting off the ship before 10. It is what it is. We've had all kinds of rooms, we've sailed 8 times and it never goes any quicker really. We dont claim any special status. I am sure there are some we could do at this point but who cares. I am not particularly anxious to get back to reality at this point anyway. Once you are off the ship, getting to your bags and going thru customs is a breeze.

All in all I have to give a big 2 thumbs up to Paradise. I would go again today and may choose it again in the future. 5 very strong personalities and a first time cruiser in the mix and all went wonderfully. I was so sad it was over. Thank you Carnival.

I am going to say this and my better half will laugh at me. Our Captain, all I remember was his name was Guiseppe??? Poor thing. Looks like a unkempt slob. The uniform was hardly white, not crisp, not pressed. I was shocked. I took a double take and thought, that cannot be him. He is less than slim but that is OK. I expect more from the Captain. Sorry. Said it!!!! :) Maybe he will see this and take a moment for a make over.

Had a blast! Hope to go back soon!!!!

Publication Date: 06/07/13