Ventura Cruise Review by clamper: 4 Day short cruise

4 Day short cruise

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

I booked this mini cruise online because of the fantastic price, after a colleague at work highly recommended Ventura and P&O I took my family, my mother and one of my sons mates with us, we had fantastic weather very smooth travel the boat didn't move, Brugge was lovely and St Peter port nice for the time we had!

Apart from that the rest was a little disappointing food in restaurant good but only warm the buffet house was very poor standard and not much choice, (compared to RCI it was really poor!)

On the plus side breakfast was great in the restaurants.

With only two pools and one whirlpool open they were mobbed by kids, not a problem they are entitled to a holiday as well, but had they got the other pools and splash pools open it may have eased the congestion, my mother was very disappointed not to get in a whirlpool, we sent her to the new oasis spa but that pool was shut so she came away.

The entertainment was another bug bear of mine it More was very loud maybe this drowned out the poor quality of the acts. Apart from the Take That tribute band who were good the rest were club standard again RCI seem to have quality musicians onboard.

Getting off at Brugge was good a free courtesy bus to the train station with a local tour rep telling train times this was a good touch and a massive plus. (taxi from train station to centre square 7 euros)

Getting off the ship at St Peter port all I will say is 'get up early'!!
Disembarkation just like every other ship chaos!!

Would I sail with P&O again....... only if I pay the same price I don't think I would ever pay their full brochure price.

Ps :- Room P204 was very good, the room maid fantastic and when docking the ropes and anchor act as a great alarm clock so dont pack one! Less

Read more Ventura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ventura Review >>

Cabin review: Ventura Outside Twin with Balcony and Shower A Deck P204

P204 Nice room, fantastic bed, room maid fantastic.This room is right at the front of the boat you do get a little sea noise but hey your on a ship! When docking in harbour the rope winches sound right above you so they are noisy and act as an alarm clock also the anchor when mooring off shore for tendering in has the same effect! But all in all this wasn't a problem for me as I like to be up when entering a new port.

We got ourselves into Brugge by courtesy bus and train then taxi quite easy and not as difficult as made out with an OAP. Cost