Ventura Cruise Review by clamper

Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: JC
Cabin Number: P204
See More About: Ventura Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ventura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ventura Deck Plans
4 Day short cruise

I booked this mini cruise online because of the fantastic price, after a colleague at work highly recommended Ventura and P&O I took my family, my mother and one of my sons mates with us, we had fantastic weather very smooth travel the boat didn't move, Brugge was lovely and St Peter port nice for the time we had!

Apart from that the rest was a little disappointing food in restaurant good but only warm the buffet house was very poor standard and not much choice, (compared to RCI it was really poor!)

On the plus side breakfast was great in the restaurants.

With only two pools and one whirlpool open they were mobbed by kids, not a problem they are entitled to a holiday as well, but had they got the other pools and splash pools open it may have eased the congestion, my mother was very disappointed not to get in a whirlpool, we sent her to the new oasis spa but that pool was shut so she came away.

The entertainment was another bug bear of mine it was very loud maybe this drowned out the poor quality of the acts. Apart from the Take That tribute band who were good the rest were club standard again RCI seem to have quality musicians onboard.

Getting off at Brugge was good a free courtesy bus to the train station with a local tour rep telling train times this was a good touch and a massive plus. (taxi from train station to centre square 7 euros)

Getting off the ship at St Peter port all I will say is 'get up early'!!
Disembarkation just like every other ship chaos!!

Would I sail with P&O again....... only if I pay the same price I don't think I would ever pay their full brochure price.

Ps :- Room P204 was very good, the room maid fantastic and when docking the ropes and anchor act as a great alarm clock so dont pack one!

Publication Date: 06/08/13
Read the British Isles & Western Europe ports review by clamper
More Ventura Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Ventura review Read the next Ventura review

More British Isles & Western Europe Reviews
North Cape Adventure
4th Princess Cruise
Fabulous cruise onboard the...

More British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews