Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by ober134: Wonderful Cruise May 26 2013 sailing

Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Cruise May 26 2013 sailing

Sail Date: May 2013

Great service, wonderful staff, beautiful meals and destinations. Food and service in Chic totally better than I expected. Great food choices each night, it was incredibly hard to choose.... and the belly can only hold so much. The filet mignon may have been the best I've ever eaten. Bar service and drinks good. Entertainment was OK, musicals not really our thing; though we did enjoy the Beatles tribute show a lot. Live entertainment throughout the ship was good, nice mix of pop, latin, rock, jazz, etc.

We picked this cruise primarily for the itinerary, and were not disappointed. Great times off shore. I would definitely recommend The White Water tubing excursion in Jamaica.... very fun!! In Key West we did a self walking tour and hit the tourist hot spots: Southernmost point, Hemingway house, Sloppy Joes for a cold one. Grand Cayman, took taxi to seven mile beach resort (Royal Palms) to relax, and I would highly recommend this for an inexpensive place to hang out: Beautiful More white sand beach, use of pool, restroom and changing area, beachfront bar. It was $2.00 per person for day use fee. $10 to rent lounger (we negotiated 2 chairs for $10), and I think the taxi ride was $5 each way. The only minor complaint is the re-entry onto the ship in Key West took nearly 30 minutes, the single line was long! (I believe there was a 2nd gangway not in use), by the time we got back, all but one of the buffet lines were closed down and it was mobbed by everyone coming back on board. We eventually got something to eat, but it was so crowded with hungry tipsy people who had been bar hopping on Duval (like us, lol) Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Upper 6411

Balcony cabin was on starboard side of ship. We had a fairly comfortable bed, plenty of storage for the 3 of us. Our cabin Stewart - Nelson - was awesome. We actually didn't spend much time in the cabin, so I'm not sure we will pay more for a balcony room again, but that's just us.... we like spending time on the open decks. This particular room was quiet, and we were not bothered by extraneous noise from the Promenade deck below like I've seen other posters comment about.

Taxi ride to Royal Palms.... very nice place, not too expensive, beautiful beach.

Self walking tour, hit touristy spots, hit up Blue Heaven and Sloppy Joes. Loved it here on our first visit to Key West.

Read 734 Key West Reviews

River Rafting

Great time! highly recommend for couples, families! We had a blast.