Thomson Spirit Cruise Review by Tina.w12: North Cape Adventure

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Newcastle (England)

Embarkation:
Very easy, arrived at 11.30am and was on the ship by 12.10pm.
Cabin:
Inside on deck 2, L shape beds, 6 large drawers 2 full size wardrobes, very clean. We like deck 2 as the gangplank is usually on this deck and after a hard days sightseeing it is easy to go to your cabin, and lift to the lido nearby.

Food:
We ate in the Lido for breakfast and lunch, and the Compass Rose for evening meal. Good variety and well cooked.

Entertainment:
The Entertainment team headed by Richard Grey was as good as ever, plays were performed on sea days, evening shows especially the Dance, Dance Dance and Camerons Classic were very well presented.

Bars:
We were on the drinks package, which suited us well and the bar staff were very attentive.

Hospital:
Unfortunately I had a gall bladder attack one evening (eating to much good food!) and had to call the doctor, He came to the cabin with a nurse, took me down to the More hospital gave me an injection etc. The Doctor and the Nurse were very good with me and I was back in my cabin within a couple of hours.

Ports of Call:
Began, we went on the hop on Hop off buss and the vernacular railway to see the view over the city.
Shortland: We called here on a Sunday and it seemed that it was a ghost town and only saw one local while we were there!
Hellstyt: We went on a full day excursion including a drive up to a view point above Grianger which only opened the day before due to the snow.
Honnisvag:We went from here to the North Cape, beautiful day.
Kirtensund: We went on a drive on the Atlantic Road, glorious day and really warm.
Flam: We did the railway again, but coach first and railway second, was better the other way round when we did it 4 years ago.

Sailing: It was like a mill pond except for 1 night when it was a bit rough. Less

Read more Thomson Spirit cruise reviews >>