Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by shakes1616: Wonderful

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

We had a wonderful cruise on the Carnival Conquest. My wife an I have been on several Carnival Cruises in the past and this was our favorite. We used the Faster to the Fun option and really liked the perks of getting on and off the ship quickly. it tool us less than 10 minutes to go through the entire embarkation process and get into our rooms with all out bags already delivered. Getting off the ship was even easier, we walked right off the ship at 7:15 AM and were loading our car and on the road before 8:00 AM. While on the cruise the staff was very attentive and friendly. Everyone knew our name and went the extra distance to make sure we were comfortable and had everything we wanted.

The food was excellent. We ate in the Main Dinning Room all but two nights. One night we ate in The Point Steakhouse and it was excellent. The meal was prepared perfectly and the service was exceptional. We also were lucky enough to participate in the Chef's table experience on our anniversary More which made it even more special. For those who are on the fence as to whether the Chef's table is worth the extra $75 PP, let me tell you it is beyond what you could hope. Sanjay, the Chef de Cuisine made this a very special night. He explained every dish in such beautiful detail it made you almost not want to eat the meal as it was like eating art. Also if you enjoy wine, the wine flows freely during the four and a half hour experience. Wear comfortable shoes because you will do quite a bit of walking on your tour of the galley.

Due to the fact it was the end of may and schools were out for most of the country, we had many underage cruisers on our ship but they did not disrupt our vacation in the least.
Our cruise went to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. We only had one excursion on this trip in Grand Cayman and it was fantastic. The Turtle Farm and Stingray City excursion was perfect even though it rained for part of the day. The staff and drivers were knowledgeable and entertaining. I won't go into the details of the trip but I would recommend this excursion to anyone.

if I had to be honest there was only one thing we would say was a negative of this trip and that is the Main Showroom entertainment. I did not have the same issues others have written about with the digital animation during the shows, I could understand what the designers were trying to do with the electronic staging. My issue was with the vocal performances of the entertainers. They sounded as though they needed more rehearsal time.

One other area I want to highlight is the Alchemy Bar. This was our favorite place to sit and have drinks (which were excellent) and talk with other guests. Adri, Tatsianna, and Brian were marvelous at keeping everyone happy and at making great drinks. They really knew the history of the drinks they made and were very good at providing this information to us. We also participated in the martini class taught by Adri and had so much fun we would do it again.

All together this was the most amazing vacation and I am very sad to have to return to reality. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Interior Empress 7303

Mali was a wonderful cabin steward. Our room was always clean with fresh ice and fresh towels. This is a quiet room also. We never heard noise from any public area and the occasional hallway noise was minimal.

Stingray Swim

The Turtle Farm and Stingray City tour was the best excursion I have ever been on. Swimming with the turtles and the stingrays were the highlight of this tour. The staff did a wonderful job and were very informative.

Turtle Farm