Carnival Dream Cruise Review by lshaffer: Carnival Dream

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Dream

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

From the time we boarded until the time we left the service by the crew was the best of all the Carnival cruises we have taken. They really trained this crew. We did any time dining and I felt that they had a few kinks to work out. For example one night we were about 1/2 thru our meal when another couple was seated at our table--and being polite we had the waiter delay our main course until they could catch up--Also on the first formal night just about every one showed up at the same time so there was a delay in seating about 1/2 hour. I did not notice if we could have made a reservation for a particular time.

While it is not important to me the dress code for the main dining rooms have really become relaxed. Coat and tie etc appears to be no longer mandatory.

We missed most of the main shows opting for the Comedy Club presentations. We really enjoyed these as they had 4 different comedians doing shows over the 7 days.

For some reason the Adults only area More on deck 14 was rarely used and we never had a problem finding a deck chair or lounge here. The ship had two hot tubs on this level for adults only.

I used the gym on several days most of the cardio equipment was in good shape and worked ok. The ship has enough bikes, cross trainers and treadmills to accommodate those who want to work out. Never had to wait for a machine.

In general the food was outstanding and the service beyond my expectations. However I must comment that it is obvious to long time cruisers that they have cut back on selection and portions--.Also noted that Carnival now charges for expresso and cappacino where they did not before.

If you have the opportunity try the Chefs Steak House it was well worth the extra 35 dollars pp.
Yes we would pick this ship again for a cruise, It is my understanding that next year they will have some different itineraries Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Vista 9430

the cabin was located near the stairs / elevator which we felt was a great location. One thing that I really liked in all the cruises we have done regulating the water temperature in the shower was the easier than my home shower. The cabin had plenty of closet space and hangers. The room safe was easy to operate.

We did not leave the ship this day as Costa Maya is pretty much a made up port of call, We have been here before and did not see the need to go into the port area or town--Also the time there was from 7 am to about 130 pm and really not enough time to do much especially if you wanted to sleep late