Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by cmtolstad

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by cmtolstad
Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: cmtolstad
Cruise Date: September 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: OS
See More About: Explorer of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean
we have sailed rccl about 25 times, not to brag brag brag, but to give an idea of our history & experience with the line. this was the poorest ship we have ever been on. the food was terrible, the service in the dining room was very poor, our waiter didn't even come back to check to see how we liked our food. we started sailing rccl 1982 on the song of norway. in those days the food and service were excellent. the food on the windjammer right now is "slop." the tiny piece of "hash browns" that was served for breakfast in the d.r. is a small nasty, soggy, oiled square. my almond trout was swimming in oil. even the desserts have gone down, something rccl was very good at. i was soooooooooo sad on the last cruise. i personally loved rccl and felt a huge letdown with this cruise. i approached one of the head waiters in the windjammer, where the service is non-existent, and he could not disagree with me. he said rccl is now appealing to the "masses" and is trying to steer the people who are willing to pay more to celebrity. we have sailed celebrity twice and in those days just prior to its purchase by rccl saw little difference. the waiter said "how much can one expect when one pays $600 for a cruise?" we paid about 1400 for suite(no air). we expected the same cruise we used to receive from rccl. maybe first time cruisers actually think this is a good cruise??

they have never experienced what it was like in the 80's???? we were on the radiance for 22 days last year out of vancouver to hawaii and onto san diego. it was pretty good. we have crossed the atlantic on the brilliance and its was pretty good. is it the type of ship??? are the voyager ships poor?? are the radiance ships excellent?? are all rccl ships going down hill? we have a cruise on the vision scheduled in dec. if i could cancel it i would, but we have air independent and will loose all our money. our sister said the exercise machines were in pathetic shape. there was so much smoke on this ship i hardly ever went out. i have never seen a worse ship for cig. smoke. if you are very anti-smoking this is not a good ship for you. my sister's bed was so bad she demanded another bed, which she actually got the following day. we arose and there were hundreds of mattresses in the hall!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess more people complained. they were on the dock at our next port. my sister talked me into having a pedicure in the spa. the lady "lillie" asked me how many meals it eat per day. i answered two. she said "and you eat alot don't you????????" wow. i was pretty insulted. then she continued on to tell me the coke i had purchased from rccl was toxic and all the food we eat now is toxic, building up toxins in our lymphatic tissue.

i spent about 1 hour being lectured. i was very insulted and enraged. she condemned the medical drugs people take, saying that is it causing their illnesses. when i asked about her education, i did not receive an answer that told me she had pathology, pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, therapeutics, etc. she told me my ankles were swollen. my ankles were/are not swollen, i am in the health profession, i know peripheral edema. she finally asked me what my profession was and after i told her, she kinda ceased with the medical lecture. i wanted to drill her on her medical knowledge, but decided to try to get this over with. my husband said i should have walked out. i am on a cruise to enjoy myself, and i sit there for one hour being reprimanded. my sister went to customer relations and was told we were just complaining because we wanted a credit. i want nothing from rccl. i guess they don't want anything from us either, especially our money, because we are doing some serious thinking to change cruise lines. i guess to have a better experience we will have to go to radisson, crystal, seaborn?? i am willing to pay more money for a better cruise and it doesn't appear rccl is going to deliver it. Richard Fain is only interested in the bottom line. i guess thats why rccl has gone from 3 ships to 22. i challenge Richard Fain, to somehow disguise himself and book an explorer of the seas cruise. table 477!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Publication Date: 10/17/06