Golden Princess Cruise Review by Pir8tanc: Golden to Alaska, from Seattle

Golden to Alaska, from Seattle

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

First off - WELL DONE PRINCESS!! Fantastic cruise. We did the suite, on the sun deck, and it was well worth the extra money! Flowers in the room, free champagne on embarkation, canapes every day, free this, upgrade that - WOW. I'll never cruise again unless we can afford a suite - they spoiled us. We never waited in a line, just said "suite" and were taken to the front - very cool.

Age of the cruisers was all over the place - so I don't understand why other complained - and there was lots to do each and every day (and night). The ship is immaculate, clean, and modern. People were always walking around cleaning something and everyone on the crew seemed to genuinely want to please us.

And the food - wow!! Since we had a suite, we got to eat in Sabatini's for breakfast, and they even made stuff that wasn't on the menu for us! We also got to order anything off the dinner menu for room service (suite perk) and had lobsters while watching the world go by.
More />We booked everything thru Princess and got big savings on the Air fare and went non stop. We also arrived a day prior and stayed 3 days after in Seattle and the Westin (booked thru princess) gave us a free upgraded deluxe room with a view of the water. The transfers were also thru Princess, and they were all on time and professional.

Only issue was with the Lotus spa - I'd wait to book things till I got to the boat, vice in advance like we did - they offer specials.

We did excursions thru princess, while some seemed pricey, we enjoyed each one. Dog sled in Juneau was the best, and they still didn't notice my wife stole one of the puppies (kidding!!).

And the last port of Victoria was rushed, so we just partied on the boat!

I can't say enough good - Princess won us over! Less

Published 06/07/13

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Golden Princess Review >>

Compare Prices on Golden Princess Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: PHS707

We were in a penthouse suite on the sun deck - wow! Size of 2 normal rooms, more draws then we can fill (and we travel heavy), LARGE closet, and the views!!

Nice city, beautiful Westin Hotel.

Read 462 Seattle Reviews

Compare Prices on Golden Princess Alaska Cruises

Pir8tanc
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X