Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by dundalkspur: Hello my old Salt

Hello my old Salt

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

PROS

1. Very ergonomic ship design
2.The Staff and Crew especially at the Blu Restaurant
3.The food choices in the Ocean View Cafe,Blu

The ship was super in the bay of Biscay.

Cons
1, Too much salt in food (especially Asian,soups) in Ocean view cafe.When I told the Maitre-de he just ignored me.I had a chat with the Maitre-de of the Blu (Jorge)who was super and looked after us .
2.The Gym is great but all the cardiovascular equipment need calibration and some repair.I reported this to the gym person who was more interested in chatting up other staff than doing her job?
3.The activities staff made the cruise boring!Clueless in the art of keeping passengers happy.
4.The choice of free on demand movies in TV was OK ,but they need more films .

Another gripe from passengers was the fact that we had to pay an extra $55 to cover buses/transport from the ship when we were in ports just to get to town.

As the More cruise was heavily discounted it attracted a high number of mature people who seem to be on a "booze cruise" who were not very pleasant to the crew or fellow passengers . There were also a high number of people with buggies who seem to block corridors and slow people down .

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse AquaClass Panorama Deck (9) 1599

Nice bed.Space limited for hanging clothes.As the balcony is high it is shaded from light by the top deck.When they have pool parties you can hear the base .We complained about the noise and we were told it would stop at midnight-but it continued till 3 am.Guest services just not interested when we told them we wanted to sleep.