Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Diamond Ring

Member Name: Diamond Ring
Cruise Date: April 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
        Under 3 1.0
        3-6 1.0
        7-9 1.0
        10-12 3.0
        13-15 3.0
        16+ 3.0

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Engagement ring stolen on 10th Year Wedding Anniversary but staff did

Just as we got off the ship, we realised that I had left my diamond engagement ring on the ship. We were on the cruise to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We knew exactly were it was in the cabin and tried to ring the terminal. They said that no one had a piece of paper to write down my name or number and to ring the lost property line. This was an automated message asking us to leave a message and to wait for up to 3 weeks for a reply. It was not as though I had left a bottle of shampoo so I rang back to the terminal and I was put through to a lady who replied that no one could go and look if it was in the cabin as they were "up to their necks in it" and new guests were probably already in the cabin but they would not check the paperwork to see if my cabin was now occupied or not. I insisted it was important to look before they were put in obviously.

After two hours of calling different numbers and speaking to various people, they finally agreed to go and look in the cabin but I had made at least 10 calls by then. They just kept saying that they were too busy except for one male at the terminal who said that someone simply had to radio across to the room attendant. Finally I persuaded a staff member to go and look. They refused to check the hoover in case it had been knocked onto the floor because there were 'hundreds of hoovers on board.' So after the cabin had been left open for over 2 hours and me begging, pleading and crying to the staff, it was concluded it was in fact me who was mistaken and I had lost my ring myself.

It was shocking how open they were about how little they cared about my engagement ring. The staff were not quizzed and no investigation took place. I've now had to pay 200 pound excess to cover the insurance but looks like I'll never see my ring again because of the negligence and inconsiderate response. They simply don't care once they have your money.

Incidentally there were extra charges on my card that I have to claim back from the credit card company because they tried to overcharge us also!! Not impressed.

There were many lovely things about the cruise but the kids club was not one of them. There were two ladies in charge - one called Rihanna and they were so rude to my 7 year old and openly said he was not mature enough to be left with them and should be in the room with the babies and embarrassed him. Ironically, all the same children played by the pool each day and got on brilliantly, but when they got to the kids club, apparently our little boy was not mature enough dispite being the same age as 2 of the other children. They made him cry repeatedly and we had to come and collect him any time we left him. After he got so upset because of the staff, we did not take him anymore and subsequently we had no alone time whatsoever. It was a family holiday; however, we did envisage some alone time and the odd meal on our own.

The waiters and kitchen staff were lovely and the meals were good. The journey was very bumpy and the first half of the cruise was spent by many of the people onboard being sick. There was a rush to the shop to buy sickness tablets. Overall, I would not sail again with Cunard because I know they only care about your money. Once you're off the ship, good luck to you in getting any type of service at all!

Publication Date: 06/07/13