Our voyage to Alaska: Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by droosp
Overall Member Rating
Our voyage to Alaska
· Cleanliness – awesome those guys worked hard to keep the ship nice, neat and tidy. Very rarely did we see any trays of food left over on the tables as they were whisked away as fast as they were put down. Everything was kept nice and clean.
· Food – well this is a cruise ship, so my wife and I never expect more than what the ship offers, the usual fare, grilled burgers , different types of food , pizza , deli etc. if you have cruised before you know the kind of food they have. This was our first cruise that we did not eat dinner in the dining room, we had selected early dining and we were always busy doing something or in the ports of call never made it back on time. We did however try the Nick & Nora’s Steak house, yes there is a $35 per person charge but the food was phenomenal , as was the service. I would recommend everyone try it at least once. We did eat breakfast in the dining room and that was delicious the food was hot and very good along with fresh coffee .
· Entertainment – I have to say that we were very impressed with the shows that the Miracle singers and dancers put on, the stage area was set up in a Phantom of the Opera style of decor which definitely was impressive. The shows were amazing the first show we saw was a tribute to the Beatles they did not disappoint a truly entertaining show worth the standing ovation they received. The second big show we saw was a new act called Generations, again the singers and dancers did not disappoint , they did different era’s of song and dance from the 30’s to the 80’s lots of dancing it was a blast !!
· Activities – as usual the daily fun times was delivered to our room at night , and showed a great amount of information on all the activities planned for the following day , a new feature that we both loved was a morning tv show by the Cruise Director Chris and his assistant Louis it was a 30 min show they did at 6am in the morning , this gave a rundown of the highlights of the days activities along with some bad jokes.. some very bad jokes J .. they were a riot . Lots of activities to keep you entertained covering all ages which was nice.
· Comedians – they had several comedians on this cruise they were all funny, we only went to the adult only shows and they were definitely hilarious. I would recommend checking these shows out for a lighter side of cruising plus it was set in the Mad Hatters Lounge where the decor was ..well of the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland J
All in all it was a very fun and very relaxing cruise, we had never cruised Alaska before and it was something of awesome to see this wilderness , from the Tracy Arm Fjord to the port of calls , Skagway, Juneau , Ketchikan and Victoria ( why we stopped at Victoria was beyond me with only a few hours to enjoy it) The ship was one of the best ones we have cruised on and Carnival handled everything with precision .. I have posted several shore excursion reviews also on their site if you would like to take a read. If anything I hope this helps any like-minded travelers. Less
#25 for my wife, 21 for me and...
Entertainment was fantastic!
Met & Exceeded Expectations!!!