Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by blult79

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by blult79
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: blult79
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: H
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
        13-15 1.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Wonderful excursions but older ship

I attended this cruise with my family. There were seven of us in total. The biggest issue I have with this cruise was the rooms were drab and outdated. Also the ship could have been a lot cleaner. Our room attendant was very friendly and helpful however our room was not cleaned very well. I find this to be very disturbing since Royal Caribbean automatically charges you $12 a day to tip the wait staff and room attendants. Four the four days we were on the ship, our room was never vacuumed. Twice we failed to receive the agenda for the day. Also, he would frequently hang used towels back up on the rack even after we purposely left them on the floor to be taken out of the room.

The food was delicious in the My Fair Lady dining room. We ate there every night for dinner. The options provided during dinner were a nice assortment. I avoided the buffet style meals as much as possible. This was primarily due to my own issues with germs. Frequently in the Windjammer Cafe we would come across plates and glasses that still had food on them, even though they were placed amongst the clean plates.

Royal Caribbean's customers have changed greatly over the last few years and because of this I believe this has reduced the amount of money they have invested into making updates to the staterooms. We had two large staterooms located on the seventh floor and a room with a balcony. The bathrooms were old and needed work. The furniture in the room is also outdated. The only new item in the room is a small flat screen TV.

Nassau is wonderful as always and Cococay was absolutely beautiful.

Publication Date: 06/05/13