Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Rassa: NY to LA Panama

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

NY to LA Panama

Sail Date: April 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

A most enjoyable cruise. Staff gave us excellent service. Cabin was most comfortable. The food - the buffet was my choice because I am mainly vegetarian. There was ample choice of vegetables in the buffet and the food was hot. However on sea days the buffet was crowded. The free dining rooms - the food was good, but not great vegetarian selection with very small portions and the service was slow, so we rarely chose this option.

My opinion of the ship - very beautiful looking but did not fit my needs. The pool area had very few deck chairs in the shade. I have been on older ships that provided many deck chairs in the shade. The Jewel had about 6 or 7 paying restaurants that took up precious room (for passengers) and appeared to be low on customers most of the time. Such a pity, that room could have been better used for passenger use on sea days, or a bigger pool area. The promenade deck was a better alternative but what the.... hardly any deck chairs (about 20) or chairs More (about 30) provided. Weren't there any staff around to see this. In my opinion, on sea days, there were very little nooks and crannies to sit in a big comfortable chair and read. The library was chock a block on sea days. The gymnasium was very adequate. There was a real sense of up selling - and they did not win with me.

I would most likely not cruise with the Jewel again unfortunately as the ship did not meet my needs. Such a shame because the food was excellent. Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>