Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by euphio: Freedom of the Seas

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Freedom of the Seas

Sail Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Other

This was only our second cruise.  The Freedom of the Seas is a very large ship with lots to do for everyone. The staff is outstanding and the only time it ever felt crowded was during debarkation. Boarding was unbelievably easy.

The food was adequate to outstanding depending on the venue and the night.
The room service breakfast was fair and the Windjammer buffet was decent.
Jonny Rockets was quite good and Portofino's was excellent. The Main Dining Room (Galileo's for My Time Dining) was my favorite however. It was consistently either very good or great.

The service was outstanding. We especially liked our dining room waiter (Michael from the Philippines) and our bar waiter at Bolero's (Fransisco from India).

We went on this cruise to relax and get away from it all and that's exactly what we did. I loved getting up early and going for a walk on the track on deck 11, then going to the Cafe Promenade for a coffee and to do a few More crossword puzzles. I then took some tea back to the room for my wife and we eased into the day on the balcony.

The ports of call were just OK for us. I probably enjoyed Coco Cay the best since we just laid around. Neither my wife or I are big shoppers so we weren't really interested in that part of things. On St. Martin we did hit Orient Beach but it started raining about 20 minutes after we got there. We went to the French capital of Marigot before - not really much to see or do there if you don't shop.

We did not see any of the shows so I have no comment there. I did enjoy both the Karaoke stage and the private booths.

Although we will never be frequent cruisers (just too many other things we want to do) I can confidently say you will have a good time on this ship. I highly recommend the Freedom of the Seas. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>