Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by 1LadyD

Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Grandeur of the Seas Ship Fire

I was one of the guest on the Grandeur of the Seas when it caught fire early Monday morning on May 27th. The captain gave orders for all passengers to grab their life jackets and report to their muster stations due to a fire on board. The RC crew were stationed everywhere to help guide and help the worried passengers get to their safety stations and prepare for an evacuation. Thank goodness, the fire was concealed, put out and no one was harmed! All the crew members were very professional and well trained to handle this emergency. They were passing out water, juice, bringing blankets, getting diapers/formula for babies, getting medications to those who needed it, keeping the guest calm with keeping everyone updated as much as possible. I don't think that they could of handled the situation any better than they did!! It was actually amazing to see how well all of the crew members worked together in such a scary moment in about 2,200 passengers lives!! I give the captain and the entire crew 100 Gold Stars! They were fabulous and I am so grateful that I was in their care. I felt safe and informed and they went over and beyond in compensating everyone. We will receive a full refund of the cruise and parking. They flew us out back to Baltimore and placed us in a very nice hotel, and they are refunding our full parking cost. Also, we were given a voucher for a full FREE cruise. You cant ask for more than that!! Thank you Royal Caribbean! I will see you soon for another adventure soon!

Publication Date: 06/06/13