Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by pick15

Disney Fantasy
Member Name: pick15
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
See More About: Disney Fantasy Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+

Best vacation ever

My wife was very upset when she found out I chose a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon. That being said we ended up having an excellent time, and she was very surprised to see that there were plenty of adult things to do. I'm 23 and she's 25, and I grew up going to Disney World at least 3x a year as I grew up so I was very confident that their cruise would be a phenomenal experience.

The ship itself was phenomenal. It was beautiful, And it seemed as though someone was always cleaning something. However, it was almost as if you didn't notice/care. I will write as much as I can remember!

The forward adult only area of the ship was awesome, and we never saw a child up there. The chairs were so comfortable, and we always caught some sun up there. The main pool is cool. It has a big tv where they show Disney movies, so you may want to avoid that. The Aquaduck is really fun... especially when you're at sea. The adult only district "Europa" is really fun. We went to the Tube almost every night. The entertainment was great - magicians, ventriloquist, hypnotist, and juggler... They were all world class! These entertainers were 100% geared towards adults bc there are no kids in the room! The shows were okay for adults. We enjoyed them, the Walt Disney Theater is beautiful, but they are definitely geared towards kids. We played Bingo twice, did a wine tasting class, a towel folding class, and played some adult trivia - all activities were fun. I don't think my wife and I ever felt like we were bored and had nothing to do on the ship.

The food was pretty good. The service was EXCELLENT! We loved our two servers - Daniel from Romania and Boris from India. We seriously looked forward to dinner just to get to see them. We ate at Palo one night - it excellent as well. The food was good, the service was good, but we felt like it was a little overboard (neither of us is extremely fancy/elegant). We almost always just ate the "theme park" fast food stuff on deck 11 by the pool. One great thing about this cruise is that you can bring a carry on of alcohol. So pack some wine, champagne, and liquor if you drink, and enjoy in your stateroom as you can just go get soda from deck 11. Our stateroom host was excellent as well. Our bed was always made, and our room was cleaned at least twice a day. One other thing about our room... We had a huge verandah in the aft/starboard side of the ship. We didn't use it much, so I'd recommend either a standard verandah or a port hole room. We spent most of our time on the top deck to catch all the views, but we both like to be up where the action is. It would have been really nice if we had preferred a lot of alone time. I also recommend doing a massage and going to the Rainforest Spa Area. If you want a day pass to the rainforest then definitely get it before the cruise departs. I payed $20 I think per person about 2 months before we set sail and literally payed 10x less!

The ports were okay. We snorkeled in Grand Cayman which was great. Costa Maya and Cozumel were whatever. She got her jollies by shopping for overpriced junk in the touristy areas while I just watched my wife be happy! I will say you can get $1 Dos Equis if you look hard enough. It rained in Castaway Cay, but we were able to do the nature walk/kayak. The kayaking was fun, but the nature walk was kind of long and boring.

Overall, in my one time cruiser opinion this is an excellent choice. My wife even thinks she wants to become a Disney Vacation Club member as we've been to Disneyland twice and WDW once since we began dating. I think the best part hands down of this cruise was the service. Other great things: the beauty of the ship, the overall entertainment, and the fact that there weren't a bunch of drunk college kids running around. We met so many great families who loved that we were honeymooning on a Disney cruise. Both of us are looking forward to hopefully being able to do an Alaskan Cruise with Disney.

One final thought... Keep in mind this cruise may or may not be for every honeymoon couple. I can say with complete confidence that you will not feel overwhelmed by the amount of kids on the ship bc they're all so happy in the kids areas. But if you are completely unfamiliar with Disney the. You may have trouble enjoying about a third of the things on the ship.

If you have specific questions feel free to email me at dpick84@gmail.com