Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Antloe: Memorial Day weekend Breezing

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Memorial Day weekend Breezing

Sail Date: May 2013

My 8th cruise with Carnival and read extensive reviews of the ship so I had an idea of things to expect.

The good,

Embark and Debark was quick and painless. Arrived at Miami Airport at 11:45 and got checked in at the Kiosk. Caught a quick 25 dollar cab ride to the pier and was on the ship and eating on lido by 1

Guys Burgers, C-Side BBQ and Blue Iguana very good. Ship layout and decor wins hands down.Red frog Pub was a nice place to hang out play cards, checkers and dominoes. I dont know how I can sail a non dream class ship ever again. Even being on a holiday weekend trip it did not feel too crowded on lido food lines.

Butch Begovich. Great cruise director. Carnival really ramped up their Lido deck parties. But they are ending them too early while people were still enjoying the party. I saw lido go from packed to empty in less then 5 minutes (Dj going from Hits to what is this music)

Hot tubs on Linai. Never crowded and always More found a place to sit for peace and quiet compared to mid and aft pools.

The Twister water slide (the yellow one) Highly reccomended

The Bad.

Had an Aft cabin on deck 6. Had noise in my room till 11pm from the lounge below no big deal. We can sleep through an earthquake.

Sewage smells on Deck 6 and sometimes on my aft balcony.

Cucina De Capitano- Being from NYC I gave it a shot. Food was ok. Would I pay for it again? Probably not. The waiters tried to sing Italian hits but it was hard to listen with their non Italian accents. On the plus side the service was excellent.

Mid and Aft pools were packed. I avoided Lido at all costs on sea days. Port days were nice.

C-Side BBQ- It opens at 1130. by 11:45 the Line was Looooooooooong. But worth it

Comedy club - Either get there an hour early and wait or get there 5 min late and sit by the bar like I did.

Caught the end of Karaoke show in the the theater but then found out that it was a production show and not Karaoke. So I guess the singing wasnt up to par. Buy hey Im no Simon Cowell

Overall I had a great time on this ship and would sail again but during a non holiday. Fellow passengers were pretty friendly and kids were being kids and not being disorderly.

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 6505

If your a light sleeper and go to sleep by 11pm forget it. Very noisy Lounge is right below. Noise depends on how late the lounge closes.