Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by zano321: A little dissapointing but overall decent

zano321
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 2.5

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

A little dissapointing but overall decent

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Traveled on the Breakaway the May 26 2013 sailing out of NY, getting on board was pretty painless our room was actually ready when we boarded around 12:30 the cabin however was a closet, we had an inside cabin on the 12th floor. The hallways are extremely narrow, cabin layout is confusing, when we entered the room I was very surprised to see how very tiny it was. There is not much storage space for clothing. The bathroom is a decent size but thats about it. The pool area is narrow felt clusterphobic to me, there is not a lot of seats in the sun if you want to be poolside especialy near the childrens pool, which oddly was right near the smoking area which I found awful.

The childrens pool is cute and the slides are impressive, some you need to be at least 100lbs to go on. The entertainment was excellent I loved the Cirque show and Rock of ages and burn the floor as far as cruise ship shows this one has exceptionally good ones! If you didnt get to the non pay restaurants by at More least 5;30 there was a long wait. The food was okay, the dessert menu never changed for the whole 7 nights. Not the best food I have ever had on Norweigian. The layout of the shi p is lacking in my opinion, the casino was cramped hot and just oddly designed. The service of the staff was excellent. I was dissapointed there were not many meet and greets with the nickelodeon characters, I guess they want you to pay for Pajama Jam. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Some shopping areas directly at the port, a snorkel beach that is $5 to go on, we took a cab to Horseshoe bay it was very nice