Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Prouss1: Breakaway is not what you expect
Overall Member Rating
Breakaway is not what you expect
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
I have been on over 10 NCL vacations and couldn't have been more disappointed with this ship. If this is Norwegians answer to the EPIC (also not great) and supposedly their counter offer to Royal Caribbean's Oasis and Allure they failed, miserably and here is why:
1) Elevators-really? Its 2013 and this is your newest ship and no matter what time of day you needed an elevator it was a 2-6 minute wait to get one, and it took literally 5-10 minutes to get to your floor including wait time. Having been on massive boats (Oasis and Allure)you cant blame size, only engineering. We found that the doors would take 30 seconds to close and if someone else hit the button while door was closing, this caused elevator's to reopen. Honestly a nightmare and for this reason alone, I will never go on Breakaway nor would I recommend it unless you like taking the stairs.
2) Food-Let me start off with saying we dont mind spending money and we did all the up charge places---which were More good-but room service and buffet food tasted like it was from a college dorm. Not impressed--and some of the great stuff NCL did do, they stopped (Chocolate midnight buffet, crepes on buffet, etc) Also you had to wait over 30 minutes to eat in the main dining room. Keep in mind I was in the Haven and am a Platinum Guest so we were "priority"
3) Port of NY- Seriously, dont go out of this port-Chaos, mayhem, long walks to the ship, and massive amounts of people make this a complete night mare on a ship of 4000+ passengers
4) Balconies-You can not walk on your balcony with the furniture there it was way too narrow. Again, we had a suite so I would hate to see what the other rooms were like
5) Overall the boat was a flop for us, we have cruised with many different lines and are NCL fans, but this boat was a flop. The interior lobbys were dull, cramped, and not well put together, especially if you compare this ship the Royal Caribbean Promenades.
The plus's to the boat: Water slides best at sea, amazing! Pools were heated and kept that way! Spa was awesome! Shows were great
But those pluses dont out-way the minuses, breakway is to be avoided in our opinion. Less
Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>
Cabin review: 14732
INTERESTING TO SAY THE LEAST L...
Loved the Norwegian Breakaway!...
Huge ship, too many people; or...
Haven was good, but not as goo...
Second time...not so much of a...
Breakaway? Run away!
If you're a senior citizen (or...
A relaxing break from reality