Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by bluemug: Relax

Relax

Sail Date: May 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

On the 3may this year we drove to Cardiff(Wales) airport in our own car. we booked the car parking on line and we felt that living locally it was cheaper for 13nights stay than getting a taxi for outward and return journeys. We parked the car in the long stay car park and to help on our return we photographed the car and any close signage. The free shuttle bus soon arrived and took us to the terminal doors. The four Thomson desks were manned by staff who were happy and willing to help. true to Thomson tradition, we were sold seats with extra legroom for about £25 each. The check-in was seamless with no hiccoughs at all. Boarding was on time as was the aircraft departure.

On arriving at Corfu we were met by Thomson reps who gave us our onward paperwork and showed us to our bus. After a very short while we were whisked away from the airport and on to the maritime port. There she was; Majesty. just where we left her last year.
Isn't it funny; as soon as you step on More board you enter holiday mode. lots of new faces to greet us and some faces never seem to change (good to see you Leroy).We had, on previous visits to other reviews on other sites, been advised to take our swimming cosies in our hand luggage so that we could relax in the pool while waiting for our cases to arrive, but we needn't have bothered for the cases beat us to our cabin. Now that's what I call service.

A quick look at the cabin (more than adequate), change, and onto the Topsiders pool. It was a red hot day (compared to Britain)and so I ordered and sank a large lager. The prices at the bar were very comparable to U.K. I was persuaded to take out the beer package to cover our 14 day cruise. This was about £90 for 35 pints of lager. The total I managed for our cruise was 24pints, so unless you are a big drinker or are travelling with a mate then it may well be better to buy as and when. In the end I was going around asking perfect strangers if I could buy them a pint.

Food; you get what you paid for. Don't expect nouvelle cuisine but I doubt if you will go hungry.

The shows were good and had us joining in especially the tribute to Queen. A word of warning in the show lounge; there will be some passengers who like to stick their chewing gum under the tables. I ruined a new pair of jeans because of these masticators. I know its not Thomsons fault, but couldn't a check be made under the tables. While on the subject of gripes, why have the deck barbecue on the non smoking side. I would have thought that the smoke from the barbecue would have been more acceptable to the smokers on their side.

Those are my only two gripes on what was a seamless holiday. I look forward to my next holiday with Thomsom but where I don't know. perhaps somebody could recommend a destination to me. Less

Read more Thomson Majesty cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Majesty Review >>

Cabin review: Thomson Majesty 615

Cabin 615. Easy with plenty of room. I did take a power strip and some over the door clothes hangers. The cabin was noisy for about 45mins in the mornings with the sound of electrical equip being run. we did not notice the noise last year when we were in cabin 605.

Maritime port seemed to be more geared up than the airport. When, on departure, you get to the queue at the airport, get yourself a trolly and put your bags on that. it makes life so much easier when one of your party goes to the kiosk for ice creams.

Read 272 Corfu Reviews