Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by Jspac

Member Name: Jspac
Cruise Date: May 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Thomson Majesty Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Majesty Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Thomson Majesty

We flew into Corfu for our seven night cruise on the Thomson Majesty. I was very concerned that I really might not like it. We normally stay in 4-5* hotels and I had read reviews and knew that the Majesty was a bit tired but hoped that the staff and ports would make up for this. We paid extra for all inclusive.

My first impression was that our cabin was small, we had an outside plus with a nice big window - this was bigger than the other cabins. However once the cases were unpacked there was enough room for the three of us. It was spotless and was kept that way throughout the cruise by the staff. They must have tidied/cleaned/changed towels in the room at least 4 times a day, very impressive. Had a few towel animals that kept our son highly entertained. We did not pay to use the safe.

Pools were tiny, not that I ever felt the need to go in them but our son would happily spend hours in them.

Food was plentiful and always of a high standard. I really cannot understand how anyone can ever find fault with the food and I am a bit fussy but always found something to eat. We tried all restaurant apart from the one you paid extra for and they were all very good.

The drinks available on AI were fine for us; loads of cocktails, mocktails and the soft drinks were served by the can, not poured out of a can which is what I had read just before we left. Cider was not part of the AI. We are not big drinkers but with the cappuccino etc we certainly had our moneys worth.

We went on two organised excursions and Thomson's had them perfectly well organised and we thought they were well worth the money and thoroughly enjoyed them. We went up the cable car to Erice in Trappini - Sicily and it was simply stunning.

The staff on board were second to none and treated you like royalty. The shows that we saw were great, especially the comedian.

Ports
Valletta - Malta - lovely walk around for a few hours, worth going to.

Trapini - Sicily - went on a trip here to Erice, simply stunning place.

Cittavecchia - Rome - went on an organised excursion, Rome on your own, very easy to do Rome on your own.

Naples - ok if you are willing to wander off of the main streets.

Messina - Sicily - a bit of a dump, not really worth the time.

To sum up we would have no problem going with Thomson again and came home looking for another. Yes the ship could be a little old in places but honestly it was fine. I don't know what ship some of the previous reviewers have been on but I am sure it was a different one. Go, relax and enjoy!

Publication Date: 06/05/13
More Thomson Majesty Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Majesty review Read the next Thomson Majesty review

More Western Mediterranean Reviews
1st HAL cruise - beyond...
2 weeks Western Med