Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Bennyc17

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Awesome trip on the Oasis

I went on a family cruise with a group of 9. We had 3 Crown Loft Suites and a balcony room. I wanted to emphasize the crown loft suite in my review because I didn't get a whole lot of information about them from other reviews.

The check in was really fast and if you book a suite you go in a different entrance and they move you to the front of the line so there was no waiting at all.

We took advantage of the Concierge club which serves free happy hour drinks from 5-8pm every day and also breakfast and lunch but we didn't eat there.

It wasn't necessary to book any shows other then the comedy club in advance because there is a designated area with reserved seats for suite guests. The comedy club was "sold out" for the whole cruise. We got there early and started the stand by line and were allowed in after all the guests with reservations were seated. The comedians weren't funny---one did impersonations of Christian Slater, a terrible rocky, and Eddie Murphy....

The sun deck for suite guests is kind of lame because it's hot and there is no pool, hot tub, or even a shower to cool off...so not great.

We had my time dining but ate at the same time every night so they held our table for us each night. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.

The crown loft suites are ridiculous. They are the coolest rooms I've ever seen and they have ruined all other cabins for us going forward. We are going on the Allure next spring since they have the same rooms. For the extra money they cost to book them it was worth every penny. I had an ocean view balcony, my sister and her husband had an ocean view on the other side, and my other sister and her husband had a rear facing balcony--these balconies upset a lot of guests who booked the crown lofts because they aren't really ocean view. My sister loved hers though because she was traveling with children and they could see all the shows and movies at the aqua theater from their balcony which kept the children entertained.

The service from our room steward was the best I've ever had anywhere. He windexed my IPAD screen every time he cleaned the room! He went way above and beyond. I went to guest services and asked for extra guest satisfaction surveys so I could give him several amazing reviews. The cabin stewards work really hard and the standard tip is not nearly enough to cover the service they provide...

Overall, the ship is awesome. It's huge--it had the same itinerary as Carnival's biggest ship The Dream and it makes it look like a toy when parked next to it. You will feel it move. It does feel crowded at times especially in the elevators and the windjammer. The ports are ok--we didn't get off the boat in Nassau and most people that did said it was a mess---don't forget your photo ID when you get off the boat.

BTW the Roast Beef sandwich is totally overrated....It is too salty, fatty, grissly, and comes on a small bun....I think people make a big deal out of it because it's kind of off the beaten path in central park so they make it out to be a little secret or something...it's like the McRib of the cruise ship.

Publication Date: 06/05/13