Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Surrealistic: Glory 2013

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Glory 2013

Sail Date: April 2013

We flew out of NY to Miami on an early morning flight and arrived at MIA shortly after 10am. We proceeded to the baggage claim area (even though neither my partner or I had baggage there, as we only do "carry on "), to meet our Carnival transfer to the ship. Carnival has a desk at MIA which is extremely convenient, and we were able to sign in and get all our documentation done prior to arriving at the port. We boarded our Carnival transfer bus within minutes and had about a 20min ride to the port. Because we had purchased the F2F pass,($50.in my mind well spent), check in there was a breeze. After security, we proceeded right to the photo op area and boarded the ship. We carried our luggage on (as we only bring carry on), and upon entering went directly to the Lido Deck Buffet where we had our lunch. Lunch was satisfying enough variety and quantity, and by the time we were finished, we checked to see if our room was ready (12:30pm). Our first time in a balcony room, it seemed roomy, 3 More closets, and nice & clean. We changed into our bathing suits and headed to the Serenity Adults only area.

Our waiter Guilliame, took special note of our names, our drink requests, and gave us special attention throughout our cruise. We opted for a wine package and it was delivered to our room, although we needed to request ice and glasses. After the first two days, the ice appeared consistently, but we still needed to get glasses from the bar (not a problem).
Our MDR was the Golden and we chose the anytime option. We never waited, although a few nights we chose to dine with others instead of waiting for a table for 2, (a pleasant choice imo). The waiters were attentive, and I thoroughly enjoyed the nights they danced for us. Again, everyone knew our name and seemed eager to please.
The main show was fantastic. One night Motown, the Divas, & Latin Night. As a consistent attendee at Broadway Musicals, the dancing is top rate and singing great also. We didn't care for the adult show at the Punchliner (too smutty, language), so went to the family friendly version and enjoyed that. There was also a magician (forget his name-Indian) that was totally awesome in one of the lounges. The White Heat Disco had a good mix of 70's, 80's, 90's, etc nights, just be aware the venue changes hourly and music/crowd changes as well. The music in the Atrium and Camel were suitable for dancing most times which we took full advantage of. I have no knowledge of the casino (which always looked busy) or the kids programs because we had no need of them.
Our first day at sea I made a spa visit for a facial. It was overpriced and not what I expect at home. Nuff said.
We did two Carnival excursions. One was the Wallace River Tour & Mayan Ruin in Belize. Despite very hot and humid conditions (the bus lost air conditioning), it was informative and very interesting. I would definately recommend.
The other was a reef tour in Cozumel and that was beautiful and informative as well. We opted to do our own tour in Grand Caymen as there are many options as you step off the ship. Enjoyed the ports of Mahogany Bay, Hondoras & Belize the most.
We spent a lot of time in the Adult Serenity area, played miniature golf, used the spa, sauna, steam room, hot tub, and gym. The pool area on the Lido was always pretty loud and "fun".... but we chose to do our own thing pretty much on this cruise.
I took home several beautiful photographs from the Pixel photogs and many happy memories. Dembarkation was a breeze. We chose self assist and were off the boat by 9am.
Already booked my next CCL cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Lido 9277

#9277somewhat noisy on certain nights as music wafts up from atrium.